Litter ??

Old July 18th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Litter ??

Victor Martinez wrote:
Jo Firey wrote:
So absorption is more like wrapping it up and adsorption is more
like glue.

I think a good example is to think of absorption as a sponge. It will
take in liquid, but it will give it right back easily. Adsorption is
more like litter. You can get the water out, but it will take some
effort.

And why would you want to do that with litter? LOL

Jill

Old July 18th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:51:39 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:
Jo Firey wrote:
So absorption is more like wrapping it up and adsorption is more
like glue.

I think a good example is to think of absorption as a sponge. It will
take in liquid, but it will give it right back easily. Adsorption is
more like litter. You can get the water out, but it will take some
effort.

And why would you want to do that with litter? LOL

Jill

Funny, funny, funny!
Old July 19th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Victor Martinez wrote:
Sam wrote:
I just *knew* that Doctor Victor (PhD in Chemistry if I remember
right) would have the answer! I was wondering myself. Thanks, Victor!

Chemical Engineering, actually. I remember the first time I saw the word
adsorption, I thought the teacher didn't know how to spell. ;-)

Sorry, Victor. Didn't mean to slight your degree.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 19th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Sam wrote:
Sorry, Victor. Didn't mean to slight your degree.

No apologies needed, there is nothing wrong with Chemistry.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 19th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-18, Victor Martinez penned:
Sam wrote:
I just *knew* that Doctor Victor (PhD in Chemistry if I remember
right) would have the answer! I was wondering myself. Thanks,
Victor!

Chemical Engineering, actually. I remember the first time I saw the
word adsorption, I thought the teacher didn't know how to spell. ;-)

When I started working at an aerospace company, I actually thought
that my boss was really confused when he talked about the "attitude"
of the satellite.

Yeah. Turns out he was right. Oops. Just one more reason aerospace
wasn't a good fit for me.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 20th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nany4Baby

ShirleyB -

We have 4 fur-babies and we use the Tidy Cats for Multiple Cats
scoopable and our cats really like it. We tried the kind with the
crystals and it smelled more and the cats would try to move the
crystlas out of the way and just use the regular litter. So we went
back to the regular clumping with no crystals and they were all happy.
I'd love to find the off brand (kitty diggins?) someone mentioned -
where do you buy it????

Good luck!

Shahar

Old July 20th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
H. Adam Stevens

This stuff really makes me miss Max.

The litter box, like the dry feeder, was for emergencies only.

We are talking months.
(OK weeks.)
But he was 100% on target when going inside was preferable.

Straight-A kitty; No instruction needed. Smarter than most humans for all I
know.

Unless it was really nasty weather he went outside and buried it deep, like
his momma taught him.

Cheers
H.

(Waiting and hoping for another wild genius cat from the forest next door.)

ups.com...

Old July 20th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Nany4Baby wrote:
ShirleyB -

We have 4 fur-babies and we use the Tidy Cats for Multiple Cats
scoopable and our cats really like it. We tried the kind with the
crystals and it smelled more and the cats would try to move the
crystlas out of the way and just use the regular litter. So we went
back to the regular clumping with no crystals and they were all happy.
I'd love to find the off brand (kitty diggins?) someone mentioned -
where do you buy it????

Good luck!

Shahar

I get Kitty Diggin's at Walgreen's Drug Store in the pet aisle. It's
virtually identical to the Tidy Cats Scoop stuff and costs a lot less.

Jill

Old July 20th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shirley2307

"Nany4Baby" wrote in news:1153355245.628340.36960
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

ShirleyB -

We have 4 fur-babies and we use the Tidy Cats for Multiple Cats
scoopable and our cats really like it. We tried the kind with the
crystals and it smelled more and the cats would try to move the
crystlas out of the way and just use the regular litter. So we went
back to the regular clumping with no crystals and they were all happy.
I'd love to find the off brand (kitty diggins?) someone mentioned -
where do you buy it????

Good luck!

Shahar

Thanks, Shahar, I'd heard some negative about the crystals brand, that's
why I asked.

If I hear anything about the off brand I'll post it here.

Thx.

--
To reply by email, remove 'nick's

ShirleyB,