Gravity

Old October 26th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default Gravity

Why on earth do cats - and I'm talking about Siki in particular - need
to test gravity so often? *Nothing* is safe from her, unless its on the
floor. If she can bat if off the table, the benchtop, the TV, the desk
etc etc, she will. It can't be an attention seeking thing, because she
does it when we're out of the room, and even at night, when we're
asleep.

Nanki Poo does, but *only* when there is a human watching [and
usually shouting].

Ours have mostly just done it when they have a point to make. We have
one of those cluttered mantelpieces covered with dusty odds and ends
from all over the place, so at (their idea of) mealtimes it used to be
"feed me or the Golem gets it".

Marblecake has a different tack. The mantelpiece is now so crowded
I can't imagine how a cat manages to stand on it anywhere without
sending a cascade of objects flying, but she likes to show off by
climbing onto it at one side (via a potted plant) and off the other
(ditto). Nothing ever gets knocked off. And she's managed to teach
her daughter Courtney to do the same. But just to show what she
*could* do if she put her mind to it, she managed to knock a potted
plant twice her own weight off the windowsill last week.

The most spectacular "watch this" I've had yet was when one of
Marblecake's litters had just got big enough to climb wherever
they wanted. I had a Turkish gypsy bass drum sitting on top of a
box next to a six-foot-high potted palm tree. I caught all four
kittens using their collective weight to slowly roll the drum
towards the palm tree. The crash would have been awe-inspiring
if I hadn't intercepted the Kittens of Doom in time.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old October 27th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
[...]

That would have made a great video. MLB
Old October 27th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Marblecake has a different tack. The mantelpiece is now so crowded
I can't imagine how a cat manages to stand on it anywhere without
sending a cascade of objects flying, but she likes to show off by
climbing onto it at one side (via a potted plant) and off the other
(ditto). Nothing ever gets knocked off. And she's managed to teach
her daughter Courtney to do the same. But just to show what she
*could* do if she put her mind to it, she managed to knock a potted
plant twice her own weight off the windowsill last week.

Doesn't Duffy do this, too?

The most spectacular "watch this" I've had yet was when one of
Marblecake's litters had just got big enough to climb wherever
they wanted. I had a Turkish gypsy bass drum sitting on top of a
box next to a six-foot-high potted palm tree. I caught all four
kittens using their collective weight to slowly roll the drum
towards the palm tree. The crash would have been awe-inspiring
if I hadn't intercepted the Kittens of Doom in time.

They were like a lion pride, hunting in a group! (Or whatever it was
they thought they were doing...)

--
As an atheist, I believe that all life is unspeakably precious, because
it's only here for a brief moment, a flare against the dark, and then it's