'Splain something about these hoomin holidays, please

Old December 4th 05, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default 'Splain something about these hoomin holidays, please

Purrs, all! Captain and Stanley here.

We're 20 months old, but at this time last year we didn't have our Meowmy
and Paw yet. That didn't happen until a month after Christmas. So even
though we were born over a year ago, this is really our furrst Christmas
in our OneTrueHome and we have questions.

First Meowmy tells us that if we're good, Sandy Claws will bring us toys
on Christmas Eve. That's great news, because we love toys!

But then Meowmy and Paw spent this afternoon putting up a great big green
toy rack full of branches, and hanging all kinds of pretty little toys
from the branches. We never saw stuff like this before. We figured that we
were SO good, Sandy Claws must sent our gifts a few weeks early.

So of course, we keep trying to check out the new toy rack and play with
all the little toys. But Meowmy and Paw keep saying, "No" and chasing us
from the toy rack every time.

What is this? Some kind of TEST? Is Sandy Claws trying to make us PROVE
how good we are before we can actually HAVE our toys on Christmas Eve?
Boy, no wonder hoomin kittens can't wait for Christmas Eve to arrive! And
they don't even HAVE their new toys sitting there in front of them, that
they're not allowed to play with!

So, what's up with this? Any ideas? We're all ears.

Purrs,

Captain and Stanley

Old December 4th 05, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 15:03:08 -0500, Gabey8 wrote:

Purrs, all! Captain and Stanley here.

We're 20 months old, but at this time last year we didn't have our Meowmy
and Paw yet. That didn't happen until a month after Christmas. So even
though we were born over a year ago, this is really our furrst Christmas
in our OneTrueHome and we have questions.

First Meowmy tells us that if we're good, Sandy Claws will bring us toys
on Christmas Eve. That's great news, because we love toys!

You have stumbled across one of the great mysteries of hoomin/kitty
interaction!

Kissamouse is a wonderous holiday, and I've never seen it be less than
wonderfully exciting. This is my 3rd one, so I think I'm something of an
expert. We do indeed get wonderous toys and snacks and lots of fun stuff,
but those purty shiny things they hang from trees look very inviting too!
I have come to the conclusion that they are a special class of toy- they
are toys that we are supposed to play with when our hoomins are out of the
house. If you wait until your hoomins leave, then play with the toys and
knock them onto the floor your hoomins will squeal with delight when they
come home.

You just have to be careful not to break the glass ones.

Sammy Kitten
Old December 4th 05, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

But then Meowmy and Paw spent this afternoon putting up a great big green
toy rack full of branches, and hanging all kinds of pretty little toys
from the branches. We never saw stuff like this before. We figured that we
were SO good, Sandy Claws must sent our gifts a few weeks early.

Dudes--

That "Toy Rack" is called a TREE and Trees are TOTALLY SCARY. They
come from OUTSIDE, and if youse guys are bad, the Tree will CATCH you
and take you OUTSIDE forever.

No kidding, I used to live OUTSIDE and it STINKS. There's NEVER enough
food and there's no Couch or Bed and you have to sleep under a Smelly
old Trailer so you don't get eaten by Coyotes or freeze to death.

Good Kitties get toyz from Santy Paws
Bad Kitties get caught by the TREE and hafta live Outside.

--Smokey

Old December 5th 05, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote:

No kidding, I used to live OUTSIDE and it STINKS. There's NEVER enough
food and there's no Couch or Bed and you have to sleep under a Smelly
old Trailer so you don't get eaten by Coyotes or freeze to death.

Mr. Smokey's rite! I wuz OUTSIDE once and it wuz reel scarey
and I cudn't find eny kibbles and I looked reel hard.

I'm glad we doan have eny scarey TREES in the howse.

Heidi

Old December 5th 05, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 04 Dec 2005 04:25:28p, Shiral wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
oups.com):

What, we're suppozed to get a tree, too?

My Meowmy has NEVER put up a tree inside! Last Yeer was Mama's
and my furst Kissamouse in our new home, but there wasn't ever
enny tree! She sed something about Me and Mama playing too hard,
and not wanting us to nock over the tree and brake her ornamenty
things.

Well, I'm going to take this up wif Meowmy this yeer, because I
think Mama and I have been jipped! =o( The toy rack sounds like
so much fun!

Nina.

Nina, we don't know what a kissamouse tree looks like! Meowmie gave
me (Shamrock) a tree once but it didn't have any ornamenty things
on it but it was fun to climb, till if fell on me!

Unca Shamrock tells us (Bonnie, Rhett, Scarlett) about that but we
never seen it so we dun believe him!

--
Shamrock, Bonnie, Scarlett and Rhett