'Natural balance' catfood was a huge hit...

Old December 28th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default 'Natural balance' catfood was a huge hit...

Marina wrote:
wrote:
Have you tried the new Sheba in the tiny little 3-oz round tins? O. My.
Gosh. I picked up 4 for Christmas. They *scarfed* it. Unfortunately for
them I'm not starting them on another habit--it's $1.19 a can. I doubt
it's healthy anyway--they liked it too much!

The chicken was the whitest, purest-looking, best smelling cat food
I've ever seen.

My niece told me that the chicken Sheba had actual bits of chicken in
it, so I decided to try if Miranda would eat it. I bought the cats one
tin each for Yule (at 1.30 euros a can!). I thought maybe I'd finally
found a cat food she would eat, instead of just fresh meat.

Haha! frustrated/hysterical laughter She did sniff it longer than any
other food (usually she just walks away if I put cat food in front of
her), but then she walked away. I didn't give up. I didn't give her any
other food, and offered her the Sheba a few more times, when she asked
for food. But every time I offered her the bowl, she didn't even sniff
it any more, she just walked away when she saw what was in the bowl. So
in the end, Caliban got two bowls of very expensive cat food, and
Miranda got her fresh beef.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.

Haha. I can't *believe* she turned it down. DH wandered into the
kitchen when I was putting it into the bowl. He said "Umm. I want some
of what they're having."

Sherry

Old December 29th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Karen wrote:
Seriously, Miranda is probably way better off on the raw diet she is getting
with supplements. If I ever got a baby again, I think I would try to go
raw.

It's alright here in town, but out on the island it's sometimes a bit
difficult to get her fresh meat every day. It all depends on the weather
and whether we can take the boat into one of the nearby villages (where
there are very small shops with not much in the way of fresh mat) or we
can make the trip to a larger community on the mainland, with better
stocked shops. It would be nice to have at least a few tins of something
she will eat in the cupboard for emergencies.

I wish Miranda had had at least one summer on the island with Nikki. I'm
confident that Nikki would have shown Mir what to do with voles, and
then she could have supplied her own fresh meat. Mir knows how to hunt
and she's killed a few voles, but she doesn't realise you can eat them.
She needs someone to show her. I'm not going to volunteer. ;o)

Old December 29th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

"Marina" wrote in message
Karen wrote:

I wish Miranda had had at least one summer on the island with Nikki. I'm
confident that Nikki would have shown Mir what to do with voles, and then
she could have supplied her own fresh meat. Mir knows how to hunt and
she's killed a few voles, but she doesn't realise you can eat them. She
needs someone to show her. I'm not going to volunteer. ;o)

Darn, I was going to suggest a demonstration. ;-)

Smokey was pretty clueless about mice, before seeing Cali in action. It's
really something to watch them working as a team to heard the mouse.
Although Smokey's not big on the eating part. She just steals the trophy to
lay at your feet, after Cali has done all the work. We haven't had any mice
since Cleo arrived, but I had a chance to see her in action when she was
still outside. The mouse was caught and eaten in under two minutes. It
wasn't a game for her, it was survival.