The Jellicle Ball - a proposal

Old October 16th 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Yowie

Default The Jellicle Ball - a proposal

"The Clowder (South)" wrote in message

HRH Cleopatra Silvercat wrote:

What would RPCC folks think of sharing the Jellicle Ball call with
RPCA (I'll also be checking with RPCA)

Yowie (sekretary for Pickle, Suki & Shadow and previously for
Shmoggleberry who went to RB last year)

Yowie, the Walk of Remembrance and the Calling of Names has
traditionally been Mietze's labor of love. I personally think that
would be an excellent idea, as does my human (I still support the
idea in spite of his liking it). I would say the primary kitty to
check with would be Mietze, or her human.

Cleopatra

Oh, no, da Ball is not *mine*, I just collekt da nayms.

Mietze

The Jellicle Ball belongs to rec.pets.cats.community. It was a
catspeak event from the very beginning...we even had to put "MEOW" in
the headers so we could be killfiled. Posters from other groups are
welcome to participate (and they may do so in "normal" English), but
my cats will never "meow" on r.p.c.a. Rec.pets.cats.community is the
only group where they are allowed, by charter.

Ah thankyou for the clarification. I don't *quite* go back to RPC days, but
have been in RPCA and participated in various "Honor Rolls" (same idea,
including "cat name, house of hoomin surname") that RPCA has had since
1996.

I think its rather sad that the various rec.pets.cat.* groups can't share in
this one tradition, but will respect RPCC and the Jellicle Ball here, and
the RPCA folks can do something similar if they want, but not the 'Jellicle
Ball'. And of course there is nothing to stop folks participating in both.

Thankyou for including Shmoggleberry this year, Mietze, it means a heck of
alot to this hoomin. Shmogg was helped to RB back on the 11th of October
2007 but I was far too upset to consider doing an honour roll or coming over
here to join the Jellicle Ball then. This year, Pickle, Shadow & Suki have
helped alot, and will twitch their whiskers in memory of they great
predecessor.

Yowie
-
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old October 16th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I am straining to hold my tongue over this question. Don't want to have a
fuss during the Ball. I agree that anyone who is owned by a cat can do a
tribute. Dog, Goldfish, whatever.
"Sylvia M" wrote in message
IMHO:
All cats in this group do not speak catchat, tho menny du.
It seems to me that any cat, or human owned by a cat,
can come to RPCC without crossposting nor catchatting and add to
the Calling of the Names( separately from Honor Roll), brick walk, and
tributes
just as any RPCCer could (and some seemingly do) go to RPCA and post
there, probably in hoominchat, most of the time.

We do seem to have more of a population at Jellical Ball time,
perhaps some folks just come for that, especially in a year in
which their cat has passed to the Bridge. There has never been a
question about who is tributing their cat...or even d*g or goldfish.

Sylvia

"Yowie" wrote in message
Hi Kitteez

Please excuse this here hoomin typing in hoomin, she isn't very gud at
propper cat langwidge.

Once when all the cat groups were just RPC, we all used to remember RB
cats around the Halloween period. With the split 10 or so years ago, RPCC
now has the Jellicle ball, and in past years RPCA has had a roll of
honour, but but both have had the same format - cat name, house of
hoomin name.

I know RPCA and RPCC don't tend to crosspost much, but we have a large
crossover of members and of course, the loves of our lives, our kitties.