What have you done lately . . .

Old July 24th 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

Default What have you done lately . . .

. . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats and
twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
committed," look?

Me first. I was listening to "A Prairie Home Companion" last week, and (if
you know the show), in the "Guy Noir, Private Eye" sketch, Guy was being
hired by a woman with a lost cat. The woman gave him specific instructions
on how he was to call the cat (in a ridiculous, annoying soprano):
"Poooooooooookie! PookiePookiePookiePookie!").

So of course, I immediately said to Dante, "OK, how would you like that?
Poooooooooookie! PookiePookiePookiePookie!"

Dante looked like a martyr in an old painting.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old July 24th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

first the difference between the cat and 12 year old is you want to smack
the kid and the cat is at least cute, sometimes even cool when he does it...
last time we got it was this morning and stormmee wanted to see what DH was
fixing so he let her sniff the watermelon and cantalope... she was
incredulous we would eat THAT and looked insulted he had fouled her nostrils
with it, : Realize TV would have grabbed either and tried to swallow the
cunk whole, Lee

m...

Old July 25th 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:47:50 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:

. . to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well, they're
obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? That look that cats and
twelve-year-olds do so well? That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
committed," look?

snip

brought not one, but two rats into the mix. I think they find Blondie,
the new girl, much more entertaining. She's a youngster, about 6 weeks
old, and much more energetic than Hanna, the Mama Rat I found on the
patio. Hanna pretty much ignores the cats, but Blondie will come
running when she sees a cat looking in the cage and acts like she
wants to play. The cats don't know what to make of her antics. Little
Bit is the most disgusted with the newcomers. She hates change of any
kind, and now I've brought in a new cage with strange critters
scurrying around inside. She seems to make a point of stopping to look
at the cage and glaring at me whenever she knows I'm watching.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old July 25th 09, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
[...]

How are the rats getting along?

Old July 25th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

Waffles gets pretty disgusted when I go into the loo and sit on his water
dish. ;-) Naturally, the filtered water I put out every day in the dining
room isn't good enough for him.

Joy

Old July 25th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:09:00 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:

snip

brought not one, but two rats into the mix.

snip

How are the rats getting along?

Pretty well, Blondie only joined us yesterday - For now they're not
interacting much, sleeping on opposite sides of the cage, etc - but at
least there's no squabbling or aggressive behavior from either ratty.
I've posted more under the header 'mostly ot: blondie joins hanna'

Old July 25th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 24, 8:12*pm, Steve Touchstone
wrote:
[...]

When we got Buddy, our Severe Macaw, some of the cats gave their Mommy
and I some very odd looks. But the oddest look was the one Sunrise
gave Buddy a few weeks later as they met on the stairs to and from the
sunken living room. I watched in horror at their proximity as Sunni
was going down and Buddy coming up but Buddy turned her face to
Sunrise and said "Hello" and Sunrise sat down and _stared_

--
Will in New Haven

Old July 25th 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Hey Will, that should have had a BW in front of it. Now I have to clean
wine off the keyboard and my shirt. Glad it was white tine. That was one
of the "Priceless" kodak moments we get in life.

Old July 25th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Will in New Haven wrote:

When we got Buddy, our Severe Macaw, some of the cats gave their Mommy
and I some very odd looks. But the oddest look was the one Sunrise
gave Buddy a few weeks later as they met on the stairs to and from the
sunken living room. I watched in horror at their proximity as Sunni
was going down and Buddy coming up but Buddy turned her face to
Sunrise and said "Hello" and Sunrise sat down and _stared_

LOL!!! That's right up there with the first time Francis saw a hen
lay an egg. Another kitty WTF moment! ("That thing doesn't *look*
like a human...")

Just wait until it meows at Sunrise.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 25th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Steve Touchstone wrote:
[...]

She is probably wondering why her dinner" is where she can't get it? MLB