First Contact (with Mithu)

Old January 18th 04, 03:38 AM
Caroline Swindell

Default First Contact (with Mithu)

My baby Catherine is now almost 5 months old. Just recently she has started
showing obvious interest in the cats. Tonight I was holding her and DH was
showing her our wall calendar, which has a different Maine Coon cat for each
month. Catherine gazed eagerly at the calendar, with a big smile on her
face. Just then, Mithu wandered into the kitchen. (We have long suspected
that Mithu has some Maine Coon in his background.) DH picked him up and
brought him close to Catherine, she reached out and patted him! She actually
stroked him a few times, and didn't grab his fur. Then I helped her pat him
some more, and she was delighted by the whole experience. Mithu got some
treats for being such a good boy.

I've given her all sorts of cat related toys and clothes, her favorite toy
is a stuffed cat that vibrates (purrs) when you pull its tail. We'll see if
she meows before she speaks.

-Caroline S.

Old January 18th 04, 05:54 AM
Marina

"Caroline Swindell" wrote
[...]

Mithu was a good boy, and Catherine was a good girl not to grab his fur (and
not to pull his tail to make him purr, like her toy . She will be a good
cat slave. Scritches for both. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 18th 04, 06:00 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:38:37 -0500, Caroline Swindell
wrote:

[...]

When my son uttered his first word, it was "dog - dog - dog".
Old January 18th 04, 10:51 AM
polonca12000

Awww, what a sweet story! Thank your so much!
Lots of best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snipDH picked him up and

Old January 18th 04, 03:19 PM
lrulan

Caroline, that's so sweet. How are the cats reacting to Catherine?
Jazz & his mama
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old January 18th 04, 05:52 PM
Adrian

[...]

You're very fortunate, Catherine is growing up to be a good slave.:-)
--
Adrian
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 18th 04, 07:40 PM
Tanada

Caroline Swindell wrote:

My baby Catherine is now almost 5 months old. Just recently she has started
showing obvious interest in the cats. Tonight I was holding her and DH was
showing her our wall calendar, which has a different Maine Coon cat for each
month. Catherine gazed eagerly at the calendar, with a big smile on her
face. Just then, Mithu wandered into the kitchen. (We have long suspected
that Mithu has some Maine Coon in his background.) DH picked him up and
brought him close to Catherine, she reached out and patted him! She actually
stroked him a few times, and didn't grab his fur. Then I helped her pat him
some more, and she was delighted by the whole experience. Mithu got some
treats for being such a good boy.

AAAAWWWWWW, Caroline. Catherine sounds like a perfect future cat
slave. Mithu will be a purrfect Catherine sitter as she gets older.

Pam S. who bets Catherine's first word will be "Mew."
Old January 18th 04, 08:06 PM
Jo Firey

wrote:

[...]

Vicki's was "weshup" Short for "Willie shut up" the most common phrase in
our home. We lived in a trailer park and our poodle got excited whenever
anyone walked or drove past.

That was shortly followed by "shoot" which she learned from her babysitter.
A very nice Christian lady who was appalled when Vicki learned it from her -
but mispronounced it.

Jo

Old January 18th 04, 09:06 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Jo Firey at

wrote:

[...]

Heh. When you ask my friend's son what Zoe (the laid back cat) says he goes
"meow". When you ask him what Ginger (high strung cat) says, he says:
"sssssssssss".

Karen

Old January 19th 04, 12:53 AM
Stacey

"Karen Chuplis" wrote
Heh. When you ask my friend's son what Zoe (the laid back cat) says he goes
"meow". When you ask him what Ginger (high strung cat) says, he says:
"sssssssssss".

Karen

When I was a nanny to a 7 year old and a 2 year old, we would ask the 2 year
old what various animals said, and get the correct animal sound. If you
asked him what the nanny said, he replied "Grrrrrrrrr!". LOL~!

Stacey (who rarely growled at the children!)