Petfood recall - what substitute foods are still for sale?

Old March 18th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default Petfood recall - what substitute foods are still for sale?

The Pet Supermarket wasn't selling any canned catfood yesterday except
for Purina Pro-plan plus, 'Wellness' gourmet food, and Merricks 'five
star gourmet entrees'... so far the cats have outright rejected both
gourmet foods because they 'looked wrong', and I'm not holding out
much hope for the purina.
Old March 18th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
The Pet Supermarket wasn't selling any canned catfood yesterday except
for Purina Pro-plan plus, 'Wellness' gourmet food, and Merricks 'five
star gourmet entrees'... so far the cats have outright rejected both
gourmet foods because they 'looked wrong', and I'm not holding out
much hope for the purina.

The Purina ProPlan is something our cats used to love, until I realized
I was feeding them by-products. Is there a locally-owned pet store near
you? Those carry brands the large stores do not, brands that do not
outsource their production to the mass producers like the one causing
the recall. That's what we're feeding our crew now.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 18th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
The Pet Supermarket wasn't selling any canned catfood yesterday except
for Purina Pro-plan plus, 'Wellness' gourmet food, and Merricks 'five
star gourmet entrees'... so far the cats have outright rejected both
gourmet foods because they 'looked wrong', and I'm not holding out
much hope for the purina.

The Purina ProPlan is something our cats used to love, until I realized I
was feeding them by-products. Is there a locally-owned pet store near you?
Those carry brands the large stores do not, brands that do not outsource
their production to the mass producers like the one causing the recall.
That's what we're feeding our crew now.

Also for cats that refuse dry food, there is always cooking for them or
feeding them a raw diet.

When I had to cook for my dogs, I froze the food in two day portions and
timed it so I never had to take food out of the freezer to feed them
immediately. Always let it thaw in the refrigerator.

Of course it is much easier to cook for dogs than it is for cats.

Jo