The Bag Lady

Old September 5th 04, 04:38 AM
O J

Default The Bag Lady

Hi All,

I hope that the stories of my DH's cat, Puss Puss, were memorable
enough so that the name isn't totally strange to you. I'd like to
relate not one of her adventures, but a tragic misadventure. Before
you stop reading because you can't take another sad story, let me say
that there is a happy ending.

Most couples have trouble at one time or another and I'll just say
that Lynda was staying with an old friend in the same town we had been
living in. It was a nice apartment on the first floor and Lynda's
friend had known Puss Puss since she and Lynda were neighbors and
teenagers together. Puss Puss went with Lynda to the apartment and
fit right into the routine.

The only bad thing you could say about the apartment as far as cats
were concerned was that the living room window opened onto a driveway
and was about eight feet off the ground. This made it low enough to
tempt a cat into jumping down, but too high for a kitty to jump back
up and return to the apartment.

Yes, as you were probably expecting, Puss Puss, who was used to being
an inside-outside cat, succumbed to the temptation and got herself
stuck in the big out. This was no place for an active young cat to
be, but I can only imagine how hard it was for a fifteen year old lady
like the Puss Puss. Her old hunting skills must have returned, for
she was outside for most of a year. It drove DH to distraction, as
she blamed herself for her beloved pet's misfortune. She kept looking
for her cat in the neighborhood, but didn't see her sweet lady puss
anywhere.

Lynda and I had gotten back together, and she moved out of the
apartment, but she continued to look for her cat for most of the next
year. Finally one day she spied the cat and scooped her up with tears
in her eyes. Puss Puss always was a little on the thin side, but she
showed the wear and tear of a cat who had been on the streets. We
took her to the vet and had her checked over. The doctor said she
wasn't in bad shape for a cat her age.

So after spending a year outside, Puss Puss always had plenty of food,
fresh water, and a nice warm place by the fire for the rest of her
life. If Susan is able to read this, I hope it will bring her some
comfort as the effort continues to return poor Otis to his home.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old September 5th 04, 03:24 PM
CatNipped

"O J" wrote in message
snip Puss Puss' misadventure

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I'm SO glad she was rescued, you DH must have felt like
a small miracle had occurred to find her beloved Puss Puss after so long.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 5th 04, 08:26 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Excellent. Glad Puss Puss is back safe and well.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 6th 04, 01:12 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", O J
artfully composed this message within
on 04 Sep 2004:

So after spending a year outside, Puss Puss always had plenty of
food, fresh water, and a nice warm place by the fire for the
rest of her life. If Susan is able to read this, I hope it will
bring her some comfort as the effort continues to return poor
Otis to his home.

Yes. Miracles do happen.

--
Cheryl

Old September 17th 04, 12:39 PM
Jean Hobbs

THAT WAS WONDERFUL OJ Jean.P.
CatNipped wrote in message
"O J" wrote in message
snip Puss Puss' misadventure

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I'm SO glad she was rescued, you DH must have felt

like
a small miracle had occurred to find her beloved Puss Puss after so long.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lord -- errr, Lady -- of the Ring Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 6 May 19th 04 07:25 PM
Lucky Lady (OT) Stacey Cat anecdotes 1 December 31st 03 09:44 PM
Lucky and his Lady Marina Cat anecdotes 6 September 10th 03 06:29 AM