Cat Parks

Old February 27th 04, 05:18 AM
Hailey

Excellence advice. I just want to add one thing to Orchid's wonderful step
by
step guide to leash-training--don't tug on the leash. Cats hate to feel as
though you are forcing them to do something they don't want to do. Most of

the
time that will just make them more determined to do the opposite.

I think the problem for a lot of people in leash training is the

expectation
that it will be similar to walking a dog. I've heard lots of people say

they
can't leash train their cat because the cat just freezes when they put the
harness on. I second Orchid's promise that the cat will forget about the
harness eventually and move. I've helped friends with trying to leash

train and
trust me, sooner or later the cats all got accustomed to wearing a

harness,
even if at first they acted as though the harness weighed so much they

couldn't
even take a step with it on.

Thanks!

Old February 28th 04, 05:03 AM
jazzy

Nutlish??

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:14:39 -0700, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Cat Protector ) said,

I have heard some people say their dogs are like cats and vise versa. I
always seem to tell these people that cats are not dogs.

I don't suppose you could rephrase this in English as opposed to
nutlish?

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,