-L-, how is PeeWee?

Old October 14th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default -L-, how is PeeWee?

Old October 14th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default Good news! (was -L-, how is PeeWee?)

Rhonda wrote:

Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an eye
on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He does
have something funky going on with his right front leg. It turns in a
bit and we aren't sure why - no apparent pain. Got some ear meds for
both, and Mimi came back clean, so far. SO we are happy here.
Thanks for asking!

I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I had
to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a overall gut
feeling that I didn't particularly like.

-L.

Old October 14th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

There was no mass
that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong!

Wow, me too, that is wonderful. Yay, Peewee!

[...]

I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I had
to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a overall gut
feeling that I didn't particularly like.

These feelings are important, I have found. We have intuition for a reason.

Mine fails at times because my general optimism and generosity take
over. As I get older, of course, I feel certain these good traits will be
completely beaten out of me. lol

I hope the other tests come back great too!

Old October 14th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

cybercat wrote:

Wow, me too, that is wonderful. Yay, Peewee!

Thanks. I am still puzzled at what I was feeling. It may have been a
hairball caught someplace high as he barfed a bid one yesterday...?
But it seemed really hard, so I was *sure* it was a tumor...

snip

These feelings are important, I have found. We have intuition for a reason.

Yes.

Mine fails at times because my general optimism and generosity take
over.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when it's not warranted.
DH has taught me to be more cynical, which is a good thing and a bad
thing....

As I get older, of course, I feel certain these good traits will be
completely beaten out of me. lol

Ain't it the truth?!?

I hope the other tests come back great too!

Thanks. For being old farts they are in relatively good shape. Mimi
has some serious arthritis in her hind quarters, though. I worry about
her a lot.

-L.

Old October 14th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

-L. wrote:

Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an eye
on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He does
have something funky going on with his right front leg. It turns in a
bit and we aren't sure why - no apparent pain. Got some ear meds for
both, and Mimi came back clean, so far. SO we are happy here.
Thanks for asking!

I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I had
to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a overall gut
feeling that I didn't particularly like.

That is good news and a relief! They can give us such a scare (I almost
wrote "scar," but I suppose that would be correct too.}

Glad everyone can breathe again,

Rhonda

Old October 14th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

-L. wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an eye
on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He does
have something funky going on with his right front leg. It turns in a
bit and we aren't sure why - no apparent pain. Got some ear meds for
both, and Mimi came back clean, so far. SO we are happy here.
Thanks for asking!

I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I had
to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a overall gut
feeling that I didn't particularly like.

-L.

That's great, Lyn. Mysterious, though. I hope everything continues to
be okay with him.

Candace

Old October 14th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Magic Mood Jeep©

In ,
Rhonda purred:
-L. wrote:

[...]

While I may have -L. blocked for inflamatory and spiteful posts in another
group, I too am happy that her cats seem better, and that the ear-mite meds
seem to be doing their job!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old October 14th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
tension_on_the_wire

-L. wrote:
Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an eye
on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He does
have something funky going on with his right front leg.

Hi -L.

I'm afraid I did not see the original post about this, but
I gather you found a mass that disappeared. Keep in
mind that fluid-filled cysts can have a tendency to do
this, varying the amount of fluid they contain, especially
if there is a communication with another chamber in the
body. My Luthien has a great big cyst on her back
which looks like the scariest tumor you ever saw,
and then, when I take her to the vet, it's almost
completely gone. It feels very solid when it is
full and tense with fluid, but when it is smaller,
only then can I feel the liquid fluctuating inside.

--tension

Old October 14th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

tension_on_the_wire wrote:

Hi -L.

I'm afraid I did not see the original post about this, but
I gather you found a mass that disappeared. Keep in
mind that fluid-filled cysts can have a tendency to do
this, varying the amount of fluid they contain, especially
if there is a communication with another chamber in the
body. My Luthien has a great big cyst on her back
which looks like the scariest tumor you ever saw,
and then, when I take her to the vet, it's almost
completely gone. It feels very solid when it is
full and tense with fluid, but when it is smaller,
only then can I feel the liquid fluctuating inside.

--tension

Yeah, I thought about that. It may not have showed on the x-ray
either. I am keeping an eye on him.

Thanks.

-L.

Old October 15th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Snittens

"-L." wrote

Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
that we can find!

Good news! Maybe it is just a cyst like Tension said. Good news about the
ears too. IKWYM about the vet.

Kelly