Cat food question

Old November 30th 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
KenK

Default Cat food question

Emily, 15, has a diet problem - most foods give her diarrhea, including
all the grocery-store cat food brands and flavors I've tried. She
tolerates Wellness canned well, but is getting tired of the chicken
flavor I've been feeding her for over a year now. The only store here
that sells Wellness doesn't have individual cans; you have to buy by the
case which I do. They say Wellness won't supply them with a case of
assorted flavors. I'd like to try a few cans of another flavor before I
invest in a case. Wellness dry causes diarrhea too, so I have to be very
careful.

Suggestions? Maybe some other premium cat food brand that does have
single cans available and is more widely available? It would be nice if
it had fiber added to help control her hairballs. Now I add three
teaspoons of pumpkin to one of her three daily meals, which helps, but
she eats it very very reluctantly.

TIA

Ken

Old December 19th 10, 09:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bohgosity BumaskiL

I hav seen "hairball control" on some packages. I do not believe it, because
the only way it can be done is to reduce shedding, that is quite a feat for
food, and no way will food keep up such a feat. "Skittles" (Cats do not
really hav names: The only thing in the world that knows the name of a cat
is an electric can opener...or a pop-top) hardly shed at all for her first
two years. She has soft hair. In the last year, though, she has coughed up a
few hairballs. When she passes the ten year mark, I expect she will shed
quite a lot, hence more hairballs.
_______
Polaroids are what Eskimos get from straining too much.