IBKFer....?

Old January 26th 05, 03:33 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-26, Tish Silberbauer penned:
I forgot to add before, Ted says (with her customary bad grace) "so what's
wrong with girls having boys' names anyway"

Tish

Oscar agrees.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 26th 05, 03:34 PM
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
Fergie? Fergette? Fergusina? Fergusia?

Turns out that IBK(formallyknownas)Fergus is actually a her.
Yowie

IBKFergie gets my vote

Jill

Old January 26th 05, 04:45 PM
Irulan

oh, just call her Fergus. Its cute and I'm sure she won't mind.
Jazz used to be Jasmine, until we discovered his little bits. I'm sure he
wouldn't have minded Jasmine either, heh.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Yowie" wrote in message
Fergie? Fergette? Fergusina? Fergusia?

Turns out that IBK(formallyknownas)Fergus is actually a her. The, err, boy
bits turned out to be a strange optical illusion from the very faint tabby
pattern within her fur. They didn't look quite so, err, boy-like today,
and
when I confrimed their presence - or in this case, absence - with my
finger,
I revealed not black fuzzy marbles but an exclamation point.

But of course, now she *answers* to "Fergus" - or at least, answers as
much
as any cat ever does to their name. It will still take a bit of work to
remember to refer to the small mostly black whirlwind of doom as "she",
but
I"ll guess we'll get the hang of it eventually.

So, the score has evened up. 3 boys and 3 girls.. Excellent.

Yowie

Old January 26th 05, 04:49 PM
Marina

Yowie wrote:

Fergie? Fergette? Fergusina? Fergusia?

That does it. This has been all too common lately. If I ever get a new
cat, I will not name 'it' before 'it' has been to TED and had 'its' sex
determined by a professional.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 26th 05, 04:56 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-26, Marina penned:
Yowie wrote:

Fergie? Fergette? Fergusina? Fergusia?

That does it. This has been all too common lately. If I ever get a new cat,
I will not name 'it' before 'it' has been to TED and had 'its' sex
determined by a professional.

But I *did* do that with Oscar! The professional said she was "probably" a
boy! (She was eight weeks old at the time.)

So, uh, good luck with that.

Old January 26th 05, 05:07 PM
jmcquown

On 2005-01-26, Marina penned:
Yowie wrote:

Fergie? Fergette? Fergusina? Fergusia?

That does it. This has been all too common lately. If I ever get a
new cat, I will not name 'it' before 'it' has been to TED and had
'its' sex determined by a professional.

But I *did* do that with Oscar! The professional said she was
"probably" a boy! (She was eight weeks old at the time.)

So, uh, good luck with that.

Yep, that happened with a friend from my office, too. She had two kitties,
Lucy & Ethel. They were checked and got their first shots from the vet.
When they went back for the next round a few weeks later, they had to change
their names to Ricky & Fred.

Jill

Old January 26th 05, 07:37 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:42:44 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

Fergie? Fergette? Fergusina? Fergusia?

Turns out that IBK(formallyknownas)Fergus is actually a her. The, err, boy
bits turned out to be a strange optical illusion from the very faint tabby
pattern within her fur. They didn't look quite so, err, boy-like today, and
when I confrimed their presence - or in this case, absence - with my finger,
I revealed not black fuzzy marbles but an exclamation point.

But of course, now she *answers* to "Fergus" - or at least, answers as much
as any cat ever does to their name. It will still take a bit of work to
remember to refer to the small mostly black whirlwind of doom as "she", but
I"ll guess we'll get the hang of it eventually.

So, the score has evened up. 3 boys and 3 girls.. Excellent.

Yowie

lol! Looks like missed gender week on rpca! ;-) I had a male Circe
and have a female Sabra, so what the heck! Why can't she be a female
Fergus?

Ginger-lyn

Old January 27th 05, 12:02 AM
Jo Firey

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe she will answer to Fergie. Like the princess.

Jo

Old January 27th 05, 04:48 AM
Marina

GraceCat wrote:

Marina, are you forgetting about Pam's QC at a quite older age than these
kids? *grin*

Yes, I realise I'm not safe anyway. Even the 'experts' make mistakes.
Hehehe. That was pretty amazing.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki