Help for hairballs

Old June 29th 05, 01:17 AM
FatBobRoundPants

Default Help for hairballs

My 5 year old cat Lexus throws up quite often. I just in fact have added
some wet Nutro to his diet which he loves.
The problem I'm having is he has thrown up big hair balls three times in two
weeks. He is a short haired cat and loves to be brushed which I try to do
at least once a week but even when we pat him so much fur comes off in our
hands.
Does anyone know of a good hairball food? I feed him Max cat Nutro dry now.
Thanks for your help.

Old June 29th 05, 01:31 PM

One thing to try is a brush that is shaped like a loop, with teeth on
both sides, the whole thing is metal except for the handle. This thing
removes the loose undercoat like a banshee! You will not believe how
much more hair you will get out with this. You can add a supplement
like petromalt a few times a week (the stuff they either lick off your
hand or like my cats, shove in the mouth).

Old June 29th 05, 10:59 PM
Java

Well I got Romeo at the SPCA in March and he would throw up at least 3 times
a week. Went to the vet for his shots and talked to him about it. Said I
should put him on Diet Hill Prescription I/D. He would still throw up
undigested food. I was supposed to bring him back in for blood work and all
about $250. but I had a flash. Is it possible that my cat is allegeric to
metal? I had twin stainless steel bowls. I started feeding him in my hand.
Then I went to the dollar store and bought 2 ceramic small bowl, one for
water and one for food. Then I gave him only what I drink, bottled water.
Haven't picked up barf in over two weeks. Hope this helps.

Java