[OT] Need Songs for Tribute

Old September 13th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default [OT] Need Songs for Tribute

Erin is putting together a PowerPoint presentation as a tribute to
Christine - she has almost as many pictures of Christine as she has of Raven
since it was hard to find Raven without Christine at her side. It's going
to run continuously at the service tomorrow. She's trying to find songs for
the background music to play as the pictures morph from one to another. She
already as Celine Dion's "Fly":

Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light

And Alabama's "Angels Among Us":

I was walking home from school on a cold winter day.
Took a shortcut through the woods, and I lost my way.
It was getting late, and I was scared and alone.
But then a kind old man took my hand and led me home.
Mama couldnt see him, but he was standing there.
And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers.

Chorus
Oh I believe there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours.
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give.
To guide us with a light of love.

When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees.
Theres always been someone there to come along and comfort me.
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand.
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand.
And aint it kind of funny that at the dark end of the road.
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope.

Chorus

They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places.
To guide us with their mercy, in our time of need.

Chorus
To guide us with a light of love.

And, of course, Eric Clapton's "Tears In Heaven":

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you feel the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
cause I know I dont belong here in heaven...

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?
Ill find my way through night and day
cause I know I just cant stay here in heaven...

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please...begging please

Beyond the door theres peace Im sure
And I know therell be no more tears in heaven...

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you feel the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
cause I know I dont belong here in heaven...

Does anyone know of any other songs that would be appropriate?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 13th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep©

This is one that was in the charts (and I'm not much of a country music
fan), at the time that Ivy crossed to the Rainbow Bridge, and it still
brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it

If you need it I can email it to you from my hubby's 'puter (he has it in
his iTunes)

I Hope You Dance
Lee Ann Womack

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
(Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
Dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
I hope you dance
(Where those years have gone)

(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

In ,
CatNipped purred:

Old September 13th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Does anyone know of any other songs that would be appropriate?

Depends if you want pop songs or hymns.
The Lord is my Shepherd is a comforting hymn for a funeral especially for
the relatives, also The day thy gavest, Lord, is ended. If there is any
belief in religion, which the family are unlikely to be feeling just now,
even if they did before, hymns can comfort.

Tweed

Old September 13th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Wed 13 Sep 2006 05:02:55p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Erin is putting together a PowerPoint presentation as a tribute
to Christine - she has almost as many pictures of Christine as
she has of Raven since it was hard to find Raven without
Christine at her side. It's going to run continuously at the
service tomorrow. She's trying to find songs for the background
music to play as the pictures morph from one to another.

What a loving gift she's giving them. Great idea.
[...]
Does anyone know of any other songs that would be appropriate?

Jane Siberry - Calling All Angels

a man is placed upon the steps, a baby cries
and high above the church bells start to ring
and as the heaviness the body oh the heaviness settles in
somewhere you can hear a mother sing

then it's one foot then the other as you step out onto the road
how much weight? how much weight?
then it's how long? and how far?
and how many times before it's too late?

calling all angels
calling all angels
walk me through this one
don't leave me alone
calling all angels
calling all angels
we're cryin' and we're hurtin'
and we're not sure why...

and every day you gaze upon the sunset
with such love and intensity
it's almost...it's almost as if
if you could only crack the code
then you'd finally understand what this all means

but if you could...do you think you would
trade in all the pain and suffering?
ah, but then you'd miss
the beauty of the light upon this earth
and the sweetness of the leaving

calling all angels
calling all angels
walk me through this one
don't leave me alone
callin' all angels
callin' all angels
we're tryin'
we're hopin'
we're hurtin'
we're lovin'
we're cryin'
we're callin'
'cause we're not sure how this goes

--
Cheryl

Old September 14th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:02:55 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Are you familiar with any of the works of Carrie Jacobs-Bond?
"The End of a Perfect Day" is the one we have always used as background
music at family funerals. Also "Just A-wearying for You".
The songs can be accessed on the computer.

Heartfelt purrrs for those who grieve. MLB

Old September 14th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Erin is putting together a PowerPoint presentation as a tribute to
Christine - she has almost as many pictures of Christine as she has of
Raven since it was hard to find Raven without Christine at her side. It's
going to run continuously at the service tomorrow. She's trying to find
songs for the background music to play as the pictures morph from one to
another. She already as Celine Dion's "Fly":

I want this one to be sung at my memorial service:

I'LL FLY AWAY
(Albert E. Brumley)

Some glad morning when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away.
CHORUS:
I'll fly away, O glory,
I'll fly away;
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away.
When the shadows of this life have grown,
I'll fly away;
Like a bird from prison bars has flown,
I'll fly away.

Just a few more weary days and then,
I'll fly away;
To a land where joys shall never end,
I'll fly away.

Joy

Old September 14th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Need Songs for Tribute

Erin is putting together a PowerPoint presentation as a tribute to
Christine - she has almost as many pictures of Christine as she has of
Raven since it was hard to find Raven without Christine at her side. It's
going to run continuously at the service tomorrow. She's trying to find
songs for the background music to play as the pictures morph from one to
another. She already as Celine Dion's "Fly":

This might be a bit hard to find but, it's a Scottish-style funeral
song:

LONG NIGHT
by Rawlins Cross

Long Night
So this is what it all comes to
Long Night
This is what we all go through
Long Night
Another friend is gone
Long night
Leavin' us to carry on

Death is a mighty uniter
The defeat that comes to every fighter
Live on, the dawn will be brighter
Live on, live on, live on

Long Night
Let me be with you
Long Night
I feel you need it too
Long Night
Rollin' in each other's arms
Long Night
Keep each other safe from harm

Love is a mighty uniter
The night can only make it tighter
Love on, the dawn will be brighter
Love on, love on, love on.

***

I believe I've already quoted my funeral song on this list....will see
if I can find it...

--Fil

PS My grandpa used to play "I'll Fly Away" all the time

Old September 14th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi

wrote:

[...]

I can think of 2 that I would play:
Dolly Parton and Brad Pasley's
When I get where I'm going
On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly

I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain

Yeah when I get where I'm goin
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here

I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I missed him
Every minute since he left
Then I'll hug his neck

Yeah when I get where I'm goin
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here

So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
So much work to do

But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of his amazing grace
Yeah when I get where I'm goin
Oh When I get where I'm goin
There'll be only happy tears
Hallelujah
I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going
Yeah when I get where I'm going

and George Strait's "You'll be there"

Hope is an anchor and love is a ship, time is the ocean and life is a
trip
You don't know where you're going, ‘till you know where you're at
And if you can't read the stars, well you better have a map
A compass and a conscience, so you don’t get lost at sea
Or on some lonely island, where no one wants to be

From the beginning of creation, I think our maker had a plan
For us to leave these shores and sail beyond the sand
And let the good light guide us through the waves and the wind
To the beaches in a world where we have never been
And we'll climb up on a mountain, y'all we'll let our voices ring
Those who've never tried it, they'll be the first to sing

Whoa, my, my
I'll see you on the other side
If I make it
And it might be a long hard ride
But I’m gonna take it
Sometimes it seems that I don’t have a prayer
Let the weather take me anywhere
But I know that I wanna go
Where the streets are gold
‘Cause you'll be there
Oh, my , my

You don’t bring nothing with you here
And you can’t take nothing back
I ain’t never seen a hearse, with a luggage rack
So I've torn my knees up prayin’
Scarred my back from fallin’ down
Spent so much time flying high, till I’m face first in the ground
So if you're up there watchin’ me, would you talk to God and say,
Tell Him I might need a hand to see you both someday

Whoa, my, my
So I'll see you on the other side
If I make it
And it might be a long hard ride
But I’m wanna take it
Sometimes it seems that I don’t have a prayer
Let the weather take me anywhere
But I know that I wanna go
Where the streets are gold
‘Cause you'll be there
Oh, my , my
Cause you'll be there
Oh, my ,my

Old September 14th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Can't think of a more fitting song than "Angel" by Annie Lennox / The
Eurythmics. Its a song written specifically about losing a child.

Yowie

Old September 14th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears... Lee, who has
been reading and remembering a very similar incident in her own circle
CatNipped wrote in message
[...]

[OT] New Weird Al Album Next month! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 August 13th 06 05:47 AM
[OT] [OT] Now I've seen it all.... Pat Cat anecdotes 24 August 1st 06 12:41 PM
Irish Drinking songs for cat lovers Cheryl Cat anecdotes 1 July 1st 06 08:08 AM
[OT] Poetry Yowie Cat anecdotes 6 May 28th 05 04:30 PM
Cat's favorite Christmas songs Singer709 Cat anecdotes 1 December 9th 03 07:18 AM