It moved

Old December 28th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default It moved

I've just been looking round the garden centre, trying to get ideas for my
mother's birthday present. They have a display of garden ornaments,
including a realistic cat. When I saw it move for a moment I thought is was
real then I saw it was a little wren sitting on the cat's head. I wish I'd
had a camera with me.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 29th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

I've just been looking round the garden centre, trying to get ideas for my
mother's birthday present. They have a display of garden ornaments,
including a realistic cat. When I saw it move for a moment I thought is was
real then I saw it was a little wren sitting on the cat's head. I wish I'd
had a camera with me.

For a minute I thought you were going to say it *was* real - garden
centers sometimes have shop cats (mine does, anyway). I was imagining
this scenario: "Wow, what a realistic-looking cat." "Meow!" LOL

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old December 30th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 28, 4:29*pm, wrote:

For a minute I thought you were going to say it *was* real - garden
centers sometimes have shop cats

Indeed. A garden centre I know of accquired a cat- a semi feral stray
who wandered past one day while the wife of the manager was outside
eating a ham sandwich and the skinny little cat begged so the nice
lady gave her a bit of ham (she did not know "If you give them ham you
belong to them"). A few days later the woman was eating a corned beef
sandwich and the skinny little cat appeared and begged some more. Of
course a few days later, she was saying to her husband whilst they
didn't want a cat, it would be a good idea to encourage this cat to
stay around and deal with any vermin...and a few days after that she
was in the supermarket posing the eternal question of feline slavery -
"I wonder if she'd like the tuna or would she prefer the chicken?"

The skinny little stray swiftly filled out and the lady was proud of
how plump she was getting....right up until she went into the shed one
morning and found the skinny little stray's plumpness had not entirely
been down to her feeding...for there on a hay bale was the proud
little stray and five kittens!

Two of them were Dunzi and Sarsi

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 30th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Dec 28, 4:29 pm, wrote:

[...]

That was a really sweet story to start my day. Thank you.

Jo

Old December 30th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 30, 11:14*am, "jofirey" wrote:

That was a really sweet story to start my day. *Thank you.

That's okay...and of course the skinny little stray is now spayed and
has a forever home

Old December 30th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
On Dec 30, 11:14 am, "jofirey" wrote:

That was a really sweet story to start my day. Thank you.

That's okay...and of course the skinny little stray is now spayed and
has a forever home

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm very glad to hear it, though I'm glad she gave you Dunzi and Sarsi
first. :-)

Old December 30th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 30, 11:36*am, "Adrian" wrote:

I'm very glad to hear it, though I'm glad she gave you Dunzi and Sarsi
first. :-)

Indeed although Sarsi's whereabouts are a bit of a mystery at the
moment (probably under the sofa) but Dunzi just walked past- she's
just had some munchies and is going back to bed

Old December 30th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

One of the "Furreal" cats (Walmart) would fool anyone too. It moves
it's head, rolls it's eyes and meows.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old December 30th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

[...]

Sweet story! I didn't know their history.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old December 31st 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 30, 1:21*pm, wrote:

Sweet story! I didn't know their history.

I did make for some problems when we got them- they'd spent their
first 8 weeks in a garden shed and being indoors fascinated them-all
these strange things to look at- even something like a bed, which most
kittens take for granted was a source of awe and wonder to them! they
spent about a week exploring every nook and cranny (including some
that nearly gave me grey hairs!)

I loved the day we got them through, I had to collect them from the
other side of London so there I am armed with a carrier to collect 2
kittens who'd been taken from their mum and siblings that morning then
put in a car and carted to an office where the nice lady (Belinda) had
managed to get an unoccupied office with a lockable door so she could
let them out.

So their future meowmie arrives and Belinda lets her and one of the
other secretaries who wanted to see the kittens in- one kitten (named
a few days later as Dunzi) immediately ran to the other secretary and
started meeping frantically as if to say "PLEASE! Don't let the mad
looking woman with the box take me away!" but the madwoman with the
box was having no mercy and kitten found herself inside carrier. The
other kitten (Sarsi) seeing this wedged herself quite firmly into the
cardboard box they'd been transported in and I had to almost turn the
box upside down to get her out and she demonstrated her early
potential for evil by drawing blood in the process. Belinda, who did
not know much about cats was horrified at this and asked if I wanted
her to give her this kitten back and she'd get her husband to bring
the other female. Meanwhile I just dabbed it with a tissue and
expressed the opinion "You wait til we get home" as I loaded the
struggling kitten into the carrier (Funny that we did in the end,
nearly take the other female but Belinda decided to keep her and she
crossed the Bridge after a tragic accident when she was only 5 months
old- If I'd swoped Sarsi for the other female...I just realised Sarsi
used one of her lives up there!)

So I get on the bus and both kittens seem alert and none too worried
about this strange change in their lives but we had yet to face 40
minutes on the Central Line! Noisy, smelly etc and these poor little
kittens had until a few hours ago only known a quiet shed- I was a bit
worried about taking them on it!

3 stops down the line they stopped moving and I thought the shock must
have killed them! I looked in the carrier and they were both settling
down for a sleep....

At this moment, for some reason the train shook and there was a loud
squealing noise as if the train wasn't properly on the rail (if anyone
knows why this happens, please tell me, it scares the Hell out of me)
and Sarsi jumped up, looking worried, Dunzi (I wish I'd had a camera
handy) plonked a paw on Sarsi's neck and started to wash her! It was
so sweet!

Then they went to sleep and showed no sign of movement until I was at
our front door

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

My Pictures have moved Tanada Cat anecdotes 2 July 31st 07 04:29 PM
Eli has been moved Pat Cat anecdotes 8 March 6th 06 12:13 AM
Stirling shall not be moved. Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 5 March 28th 05 03:19 AM
He shall not be moved Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 9 July 15th 04 11:22 PM
We've finally moved :-) Kate Cat anecdotes 2 February 10th 04 08:00 PM