Air Travel With Cat

Old October 18th 04, 02:29 AM
Annie Wxill

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:wVzcd.74091$tU4.9865@okepread06...
I might be going to a cat show in Las Vegas with my cat Isis and was
wondering if anyone had any tips on how to travel with her by air. I have
read it isn't good to tranquilize a cat for air travel since it could be
problematic.

Hi, C.P.
Even if it were advisable to tranquilize the cat, which it is not, you might
be in violation of some of the cat show rules.
I don't know about cat shows, but horse shows, and I believe dog shows, can
disqualify or severly penalize people who try to exhibit animals that have
been drugged.
Annie

Old October 18th 04, 02:59 AM
Mimi Forsyth

Isis doesn't need this.
Old October 18th 04, 02:59 AM
Mimi Forsyth

Isis doesn't need this.
Old October 18th 04, 02:59 AM
Cat Protector

She actually doesn't mind the shows too much. I love showing her off as she
is beautiful cat and she gets rewarded as well. The last cat show she was at
she did pretty well overall.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
There aren't any cat shows nearby? You have to travel so far w/the cat?
How
does the cat benefit? You're getting the benefits. The cat doesn't care if
you
get the ribbons or trophies.

Old October 18th 04, 03:03 AM
Cat Protector

I would not tranquilize her. Besides, most of the information I have read
says this can cause plenty of problems for the cat and that sedating them is
not the answer. Also Isis goes to the cat shows mostly to comepete in the
household pet category (HHP) and as exhibition because she is one of the
powers that be at our station for cats.

Old October 18th 04, 03:21 AM
Sherry

I would not tranquilize her. Besides, most of the information I have read
says this can cause plenty of problems for the cat and that sedating them is
not the answer. Also Isis goes to the cat shows mostly to comepete in the
household pet category (HHP) and as exhibition because she is one of the
powers that be at our station for cats.

CP. Please. Isis is a cat. She doesn't run a radio station, and she doesn't go
to cat shows to compete. You drag her there. She's a cat. She wasn't socialized
at cat shows as a kitten, and it's going to be very stressful for her. Remember
the last cat show you took her to? Remember telling us all how she got nervous
and hissed? Taking her *out of state* to a cat show is mean. If you want a nice
outing with her, wait for a local show. You're doing this for Noehl Rosen, not
for Isis. Are you dragging Jade and Icarus along too?

Sherry

Old October 18th 04, 03:43 AM

CP wrote:
Also Isis goes to the cat shows mostly to
comepete in the household pet category
(HHP)

No. YOU force her to compete. Isis couldn't care less about competing in
a cat show. This is all about YOU, and you're not taking into
consideration what is best for her.

and as exhibition because she is one of
the powers that be at our station for cats.

A photo would do just as well. Again, Isis doesn't give a rip about YOUR
radio station and putting her "on display" does not benefit her in any
way and is done only for your own selfish purposes. If you really cared
about her you'd putyour selfish desires aside and let her stay t home
where things are comfortable and familiar. But nooooo you want to drag
her on an airplane, put her in a strange place (hotel), then put her on
public display in another strange environment so you can promote your
station. That's just sad, and it's mean.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing