So what's happening Conan?

Old June 28th 05, 02:21 PM
Helen Miles

Default So what's happening Conan?

As a UK poster I've been following the Conan saga, and am now completely
confused.

What is happening to Conan, is he being adopted, collected, rehomed or
what?

Helen M

Old June 28th 05, 03:01 PM
animzmirot

I just posted on a couple of other forums asking for anyone in the OC/LAX
area who is looking for a cat to rescue Conan. It's on the Pet Forum Group
Network (http://petsforum.com/) and in the Pets Forum on www.craigslist.org
.. I don't know if it will do any good, but putting out feelers can't hurt.
I couldn't find the links to Conan's photos though. If anyone has them,
please repost.

Marjorie

news:df43e4823391a83eb19d079e4809186d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old June 28th 05, 03:27 PM
Lorraine

http://petadoption.co.orange.ca.us/a...00875&Type=Cat

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../P1010174a.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010153.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010147.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010142.jpg

Old June 28th 05, 04:12 PM
Philip

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:df43e4823391a83eb19d079e4809186d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
As a UK poster I've been following the Conan saga, and am now completely
confused.

What is happening to Conan, is he being adopted, collected, rehomed or
what?

Helen M

Well Helen, the short version is this.

If good intentions are the most important, then the whole world is now safe.
The Rescue Minions have tried to marshal their resources to get Conan out of
the shelter ... which may be enough for them.

If JUST getting Conan out of the shelter is the most important, then
nothing has been accomplished. The cat is still there in a cage at the
moment (June 28).

The second step of locating a new home has been complicated by the "Find
Conan's Made In Heaven Home" crowd.

So really, the whole effort is stuck in committee right now.

Old June 28th 05, 05:16 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:12:34 +0000, Philip wrote:

[...]

Perhaps YOU should tell us again how all this started. MLB

Old June 28th 05, 06:11 PM
-L.

animzmirot wrote:
I just posted on a couple of other forums asking for anyone in the OC/LAX
area who is looking for a cat to rescue Conan. It's on the Pet Forum Group
Network (http://petsforum.com/) and in the Pets Forum on www.craigslist.org
. I don't know if it will do any good, but putting out feelers can't hurt.
I couldn't find the links to Conan's photos though. If anyone has them,
please repost.

Marjorie

I put them on the Pet Forum.

-L.

Old June 28th 05, 07:00 PM
animzmirot

news
wrote:

I just posted on a couple of other forums asking for anyone in the OC/LAX
area who is looking for a cat to rescue Conan. It's on the Pet Forum

Group
Network (http://petsforum.com/) and in the Pets Forum on

www.craigslist.org
. I don't know if it will do any good, but putting out feelers can't

hurt.
I couldn't find the links to Conan's photos though. If anyone has them,
please repost.

http://petadoption.co.orange.ca.us/a...700875&Type=Ca

Thanks, Lorainne. Unfortunately, the top image from the shelter is not
working. Do you have any idea of why, or is this just a really bad omen?

Marjorie

Old June 28th 05, 09:36 PM
Lorraine

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:00:42 -0400, "animzmirot"
wrote:

Thanks, Lorainne. Unfortunately, the top image from the shelter is not
working. Do you have any idea of why, or is this just a really bad omen?

No. I don't know why.

Actually, if you go to their main cat page at
http://petadoption.co.orange.ca.us/a...t.asp?type=Cat
Conan is no longer listed there as he was this morning. They've removed
him. I prefer to think of it as a good omen and he's found a good
forever home.

L.

L.

Old June 29th 05, 01:10 AM
Helen

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:df43e4823391a83eb19d079e4809186d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
As a UK poster I've been following the Conan saga, and am now completely
confused.

What is happening to Conan, is he being adopted, collected, rehomed or
what?

Helen M

I've come in on the tail end and have absolutely no idea what is going on.
He's a cute little guy and I'm glad he's safe, but I've no idea why he's
been chosen to be saved above all the thousands of other cats in US
shelters. It seems people here have formed an attachment to him but I still
don't know why.

Helen