No San Diego Home for Conan

Old July 3rd 05, 10:38 PM
Mary

"animzmirot" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message
The gentleman who wanted Conan was told that his home is too small.

From Monica's emails it is clear that she has nothing to go
on with regard to Conan's behavior except Philip's posts from when he

first
adopted Conan.

So ... this poor boy is still in a cage, in the kennel Dan found.

Congrats, Charlie. It seems you are right, to my great
disappointment.

Where did this information come from? Was it from the potential adopter?

Or
was it from you?

And how do you know that Conan is in a kennel? Who has told you this and
when? I followed your rantings in the other thread and must have missed
Monica's posting that said he's in a kennel. How about a link to that

post?

Or, are you projecting what's going on because you are out of the loop and
therefore ****ed off and annoyed that you don't really know anything more
than the rest of us?

Prove what you state, please.

To you? Why would I bother?

Old July 3rd 05, 11:40 PM

Wow. I have to admit that my patience for this situation is pretty much
at an end. All this effort and time for one little cat. It just makes a
mockery of the thousands sitting in shelters with the time ticking
away. I guess the only good news, if there is any, is that Meghan's
sister, Greg in San Diego, the other sister in the Bay Area (who I
gather will also be rejected because her mention of a big garden with
fruit trees implied some outdoor access for the cat), and maybe even
Charlie, have activated their desires to give a cat a home and
hopefully will now hoof on over to their local shelter and find
themselves a Conan-substitute. That's something -
if four cats got recued because of this Conan-a-whirl. I said it before
and I said it again - there's too many cats and not enough homes. This
is why animal rescue drives everyone crazy - all the ****ing and
moaning about the animals needing a home and being at deaths door , and
then when people try to do something about it - they get thwarted at
every turn by self-appointed experts. Sorry, but I don't have enough
time on my hands for this melodrama. I'm glad the cat is out of Orange
County and presumably he will eventually be adopted to somebody, but
there are other cats to rescue and other cats to re-home. If the Bay
Area adopter still wants another cat, I can show her 15 of them -
today. Argh.

Old July 4th 05, 12:25 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On 3 Jul 2005 15:40:06 -0700, "
wrote:

Wow. I have to admit that my patience for this situation is pretty much
at an end. All this effort and time for one little cat. It just makes a
mockery of the thousands sitting in shelters with the time ticking
away. I guess the only good news, if there is any, is that Meghan's
sister, Greg in San Diego, the other sister in the Bay Area (who I
gather will also be rejected because her mention of a big garden with
fruit trees implied some outdoor access for the cat),

Oh for Christ's sake. Has she tried contacting Tippi Hedren? Maybe
she can pass Conan off as the last of a rare species of jungle cat.

and maybe even
Charlie,

Hey, come on... give me a break. This year, I adopted a cat who was
sitting in the middle of the road in the middle of the night, injured
from a car accident, with no future but lingering death. Now he is my
fast friend, 100 percent indoor given his history with the road, and
if he is not completely happy, he sure knows how to fake it. He even
gets special food from the vet because of urinary crystals.

This spring I also trapped a feral on my property and spent a couple
hundred bucks getting him neutered and vetted just so I could release
him. He is doing very well these days, too, I might add. I see him
around all the time. Occasionally he stops to glare at me and quite
often he comes around at night to eat the cat kibbles I put out for
him.

Just because I don't preach gooey-gooey animal ethics on Usenet
doesn't mean I don't care about animals. And I can tell you, it
doesn't bother me one ****en bit to see a couple of sanctimonious
assholes revealed for who they really are.

Old July 4th 05, 12:32 AM
PawsForThought

Rhonda wrote:
Hi Sherry,

Close, but you have one extra dump in there.

He was at the shelter originally as a stray. He was adopted by Philip,
He was taken back a week or so later. Then he was taken out by Monica's
group, and there he remains. Sources here think he was put in a kennel
until they could find a home for him.

This is really confusing. I thought he was rescued from the shelter
and being fostered at someone's home, not put in a kennel. How do we
know he's in a kennel?

Old July 4th 05, 12:44 AM
Mary

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
oups.com...
Rhonda wrote:
Hi Sherry,

Close, but you have one extra dump in there.

He was at the shelter originally as a stray. He was adopted by Philip,
He was taken back a week or so later. Then he was taken out by Monica's
group, and there he remains. Sources here think he was put in a kennel
until they could find a home for him.

This is really confusing. I thought he was rescued from the shelter
and being fostered at someone's home, not put in a kennel. How do we
know he's in a kennel?

Because the plan was for Dan to get him and board him in a kennel
close to his home--when I sent him the money to spring Conan. See,
Dan has too many cats and could not foster him. Monica is in
Canada, and on such short notice, simply emailed Dan and apparently
convinced him that if I were involved, Evil Charlie Wilkes would get
Conan. Dan then pretended to be on his way to get Conan for us
(group emails tell the story--Rhonda, TracyRose, and Charlie got
them along with me) and then made up a story about another group
getting there first because he got stuck in traffic.

So--then, Monica announces that she and her "group" had Conan,
and that "we decided not to use Mary's money." Well, Dan was the
only one with access to my money, as my accountant sent it to him.
So I emailed Dan and said "What does this mean?" He would not
answer. He has not answered since Tuesday. He has to be in the
kennel because Dan went out of town for the weekend and could
not foster him and Monica is in Canada. They are being hush-hush
because they know it is wrong to keep him in the kennel for SIX
full days, particularly when a lovely man in the San Diego are
wanted him, and before Monica got to him, Dan said he would
deliver him last Wednesday. The dead giveaway is Monica's
correspondence with the San Diego man, which he sent me.
Her descriptions of his behavior are lifted from Philips' early
descriptions--because that is all she has.

Also consider that on Wednesday Dan posted that he needed to
find a home for a kitten and also a "2 year old neutered male."

If this cat is not in a kennel they will prove it. But he is, I just
know it.

Old July 4th 05, 01:07 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:44:17 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

If this cat is not in a kennel they will prove it. But he is, I just
know it.

I think Philip has Conan, Mary. This is what he is dying to tell us
both.

This "Double-Agent Dan" business doesn't square with the rest of the
guy insofar as I have studied his emails and posts. It seems very
unlikely that he would fabricate the story he told in his final email.
I think he became party to this after the fact, for reasons that make
sense.

Charlie
Old July 4th 05, 01:19 AM
Mary

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:44:17 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

If this cat is not in a kennel they will prove it. But he is, I just
know it.

I think Philip has Conan, Mary. This is what he is dying to tell us
both.

This "Double-Agent Dan" business doesn't square with the rest of the
guy insofar as I have studied his emails and posts. It seems very
unlikely that he would fabricate the story he told in his final email.
I think he became party to this after the fact, for reasons that make
sense.

Nope. I am not buying it. And if it is true, these assholes are even worse
than we thought for allowing us to worry. So WHAT if Philip were
fostering him? He had him once. I'm sorry, but the secrecy tells me
that something else altogether is going on. If Philip posted a photo
of Conan with today's newspaper beside him, date visible, I might
believe it. But it is more likely that I would think he doctored an
old photo. I don't believe he has him or knows where he is. I would
actually like to think this is true. But, no way.

Old July 4th 05, 01:33 AM
Trish Dunphy

"Mary" wrote in message

[...]

Mary, can I send you a private e-mail from me? I don't like to send without
asking first...

Old July 4th 05, 01:42 AM
whitershadeofpale

Philip wrote:
I don't remember

Here's the skinny.

If you got a secret it can't be much, because you have posed some
theories of you own, you're just razzin your old nemesis Mary.