Whine -- Another Ordeal (or Two) [LONG]

Old November 23rd 05, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Whine -- Another Ordeal (or Two) [LONG]

Kate and Jack were supposed to get their distemper vaccinations last
Wednesday, but the vet is only at the Petco closest to us every other
Wednesday. So I had planned to go today, but realized over the
weekend -- oops! It's Thanksgiving Thursday! They may not be there.
I called, and sure enough, they weren't going to be. So I got them
into that clinic yesterday for an appointment.

Jack has a tapeworm. They both still have fleas and ear mites. Sigh.
And I decided to go ahead and get them tested finally, so I could
breathe easier (using the rest of that dental fund). They tested
negative -- yeah!!!!

Then I asked for a prescription for Prednisone for Arthur's asthma.
And that's when things began to fall apart.

I pay the bill, and find out first that they have given them the combo
distemper-feleuk shot, which I NEVER do and did NOT want. I have had
to be very clear and insist on this in the past, but I was just tired
and not thinking yesterday that I had to make it clear. I wish they
(and other vets, too -- it isn't just them) would STOP pushing this!
The feleuk vaccine has been noted as a culprit in VAS (vaccine
associated sarcoma), and I did NOT want to put these kittens as risk
for this. :-( Now they are. Plus it cost me $26 I didn't intent to
spend.

Then they tell me they charge a $10 prescription fee. What???!! I am
getting Prednisone, which is $5 at the pharmacy, $20 at the vet, and
they're making it cost $15. I just lost it. It's been a hard year, I
am very stressed out, and I'm sorry, but I just fell apart and burst
into tears like a silly girl and lost it.

My mother-in-law had taken me there, and went in to talk to them. The
vet tech said she would cover the $26 for the feleuk vaccinations, and
put it on as a credit at the clinic (like I'm ever going back there!).
She was very disgusted. My MIL decided to cover the script fee, and I
pretty much demanded three refills on it instead of the one he said he
would do.

So, crap. What a lousy experience.

And after that, I've decided I'm keeping Kate and Jack. Just don't
tell DH, okay? ;-)

The second ordeal?

DH talked me into buying a used organ for $10 at a yard sale. Why I
went along with this, I have no idea. I shouldn't have. It didn't
work right, and I could find no one interested in taking a look at it
to see if it was fixable.

So it's been sitting in the middle of the dining room, collecting
dusty for several months.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I like to do a big feast and invite friends
over. Which means we need room. Which means that organ HAS GOT TO
GO!

DH can't get it by himself. I ask Banjo, our neighbor, if he could
help get it out tonight. He sounds less than enthused, and tells me
he'll come over after he eats and see if he can move it by himself.
He never shows up.

After the day I have had (hell, the YEAR I have had), I am sitting
there at midnight, with no way to get the stupid organ out of here,
and thinking I may just have to cancel Thanksgiving.

But no. I'm not gonna do that.

Okay, I have asthma and emphysema. Okay, I hurt my back last week.
But no one else is going to help me out, so what am I going to do?

I am going to drag the #$%^^ organ, by myself, all the way across two
rooms to the front door. Then I am going to lift it (use your arm and
leg muscles! Not your back!) over the theshhold, and push it out the
door onto the porch.

So this middle-aged woman who falls down walking down the street
managed to get an organ out the door. It's sitting there on the front
porch now, covered in snow. Should be an interesting conversation
piece for our dinner guests tomorrow.

Tomorrow had better be peaceful and lovely.

And I wish the same for all of you, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving
or not.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old November 23rd 05, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I would have lost it too. A professional that does work that was not
requested is responsible for the bill not the client. ****ty vet to charge
$10 to write a prescription. If my vet would have done something with out
asking me friend or not all hell would have broke loose.
Another reason not to like Petco

Old November 23rd 05, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message ne

So this middle-aged woman who falls down walking down the street
managed to get an organ out the door. It's sitting there on the front
porch now, covered in snow. Should be an interesting conversation
piece for our dinner guests tomorrow.

Tomorrow had better be peaceful and lovely.

And I wish the same for all of you, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving
or not.

What you deserve is a Thanksgiving guest tomorrow who is driving a pickup
and will haul the organ away.

Wishing you the best.

Jo

Old November 23rd 05, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I hope you are having a lovely thanksgiving ginger-lyn!!!

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old November 23rd 05, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
[...]

I think I would have lost it too.

{{{{{{{{{{Ginger-lyn}}}}}}}}}}

We're purring and purr-aying that 2006 will treat you better than 2005 did!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 23rd 05, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

And I wish the same for all of you, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving
or not.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)

well it shure lived up to its title

Old November 23rd 05, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

*hug*

On 2005-11-23, penned:
[...]

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....mmer/index.htm
(genealogy) http://www.movieanimals.bravehost.com/ (The Violence
Against Animals in Movies Website)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 24th 05, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ginger-lyn, you do so deserve a much better day, week, month and year.
The luck just has to turn and things should really start going well for
you really soon.
We are thinking of you, sending the very best of wishes, purrs and
gentle hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

wrote:

Kate and Jack were supposed to get their distemper vaccinations last
Wednesday, but the vet is only at the Petco closest to us every other
Wednesday. So I had planned to go today, but realized over the
weekend -- oops! It's Thanksgiving Thursday! They may not be there.
I called, and sure enough, they weren't going to be. So I got them
into that clinic yesterday for an appointment.

Jack has a tapeworm. They both still have fleas and ear mites. Sigh.
And I decided to go ahead and get them tested finally, so I could
breathe easier (using the rest of that dental fund). They tested
negative -- yeah!!!!

Then I asked for a prescription for Prednisone for Arthur's asthma.
And that's when things began to fall apart.

snip

Old November 24th 05, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed 23 Nov 2005 02:59:38p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Tomorrow had better be peaceful and lovely.

And I wish the same for all of you, whether you celebrate
Thanksgiving or not.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too GL. I'm sorry about Jack and Kate,
and it wasn't what you wanted, and both Shamrock and Bonnie had to
have FeLV shots for 2 years while Shadow was alive and I'm hoping
they'll never develope VAS, too. Of course theirs was because they
were at risk for FeLV.

About your asthma and emphysema, did you ever quit smoking for
good? I now also have a very good reason to quit smoking. I was
diagnosed with macular degeneration, and there's a vitamin/mineral
therapy that has been shown to slow down the progress, but one of
the vitamins is A (beta-carotene) which, in the high doses
necessary to help with AMD, can significantly increase the risk of
lung cancer in smokers. Hmmm...that's a tough decision - blindness
or lung cancer. **sigh** Time for both of us to quit!

--
Cheryl

[News] Pet cat shot by police in bizarre ordeal Lorraine Cat health & behaviour 26 March 5th 05 01:51 AM
Wine (no no no, not whine) Advice wanted Tanada Cat anecdotes 63 March 1st 05 01:09 AM
Can I Whine? Sherry Cat anecdotes 22 January 19th 04 02:56 PM
aggressive cat [long] Fork Cat health & behaviour 36 September 10th 03 03:49 PM
Help! Cat not eating [Long] mroo philpott-smythe Cat health & behaviour 2 July 23rd 03 09:28 PM