Kitten in washing machine ordeal (happy ending)

Old October 18th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Kitten in washing machine ordeal (happy ending)

A 10-week-old kitten used up one of its nine lives when it survived a
20-minute ordeal in a washing machine.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7048897.stm
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 18th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 18, 9:16 am, "Adrian A" wrote:
A 10-week-old kitten used up one of its nine lives when it survived a
20-minute ordeal in a washing machine.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7048897.stm
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

How awful. And what a miracle it survived. That family learned a
valuable lesson the hard way.
Never assume the kitten *isn't* anywhere. and keep the dryer and
washer closed at all times.

Sherry

Old October 18th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Adrian A wrote:
A 10-week-old kitten used up one of its nine lives when it survived a
20-minute ordeal in a washing machine.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7048897.stm

One of it's nine lives- I think she probably used all of them!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 18th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Adrian A wrote:
A 10-week-old kitten used up one of its nine lives when it survived a
20-minute ordeal in a washing machine.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7048897.stm

Thankfully! a good ending.

When Persia first came to me I had to use big rubber bands to close the
folding doors that lead to the washer & dryer. Before I did that, she
pushed one of the doors open, jumped onto the washer and then jumped down
beside it . The space was too small for her to jump back up. I heard this
pitiful "mrrow?" LOL

I had to pull the washing machine out so she could squeeze between the
washer, the wall and the folding doors. For about a year I kept very large
rubber bands looped over the folding doors so she couldn't open them. She
learned her lesson. I don't have to "lock" the doors anymore.

BUT: I always check the washer and dryer before I put items in there and
turn it on. I also check the pantry, the refrigerator, the dishwasher and
the bathtub. You just never know where a cat might turn up.

Jill

Old October 18th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

O. T. Mahoney and willow love water so, while I am running water in the
washer have to keep checking as they have both gotten in on their own and
seem in no hurry to get out. Yes before and after I put the clothes in I
check and once more before closeing the lid. This and broken glass around
the cats are my greatest fears. So what if they fall in the toilet, so long
as it doesn't get flushed, they can get out! Never saw two cats like water
like they do.

Old October 18th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Adrian A wrote:

A 10-week-old kitten used up one of its nine lives when it survived a
20-minute ordeal in a washing machine.

I realize cats can get into things without being noticed.
(Mine get shut in clothes-closets regularly - even though
they're nowhere in sight when I open the door, and have to
be awfully fast to escape my seeing them sneak in.)
However, most people with cats just automatically check for
their critters before closing washer, dryer or dishwasher
and turning it on!
Old October 18th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Oct 18, 10:16 am, "Adrian A" wrote:
A 10-week-old kitten used up one of its nine lives when it survived a
20-minute ordeal in a washing machine.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7048897.stm
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

After reading this post, I went to close the lid on my washing
machine. Rusty likes to hide behind the washer & dryer whenever we
have thunder. I put him in his room where he can hide inside his
carrier at the first sound of rumble. But if I am not fast enough, I
can't get behind the washer to get him and just let him hide there.
Once I was able to lure him out with a treat.

Good thing the only place Rusty is interested in getting into is
my bedroom.

Winnie

Old October 20th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

A 10-week-old kitten used up one of its nine lives when it
survived a 20-minute ordeal in a washing machine.

I know somebody whose cat had that happen. He got it out after
a few minutes and it was fine after a bit of coughing and gasping.

A more surprising one was some people I know whose pet snail
survived a complete wash and spin cycle. It went on to live
for another three years or so.