Post-spay not eating?

Old September 11th 04, 06:07 AM
Darkchild

Brigitte wrote:
I haven't seen any posts on this thread for a couple of days. Anyone know
how this poor kitty and her owner are doing?

Hope all is well.

Thanks for asking Brigitte.

I have great news - the tests came back today and they were negative for
FIP so that is one theory ruled out.

I think Millie is feeling better - the vet says that she is looking more
alert because she is responding to hydration but she is still being
force fed. He is starting her on appetite stimulants tonight and will
see how she does over the weekend. Her skin is still yellow but her gums
are less so which is what the vet said he was judging by. Apparently the
yellow colour can remain in the skin for sometime.

She is still not using her litterbox to urinate - but we're taking that
one day at a time. The vet is going to do one more test to check her
liver enzyme levels and will decide on whether to biopsy then.

She's going to be in the hospital until Wednesday - and then I can take
her home. He would have released her Monday but I have to be away for
work on Tuesday so we agreed to keep her in until then.

I'm just relieved that it's not FIP and that Millie will be back with me
soon! The vet said it's probably either a pre-existing condition or an
infection that was introduced through the blood. Again, he's been very
careful not to blame anything on her spay surgery but I can help but
suspect it. I'm just so thankful to finally have a vet who seems to know
what he's talking about. He's evern reducing his fees for me since he
knows that she is a new adoptee.

Thanks again for all your purrs and good thoughts - it's working!

DC

Old September 11th 04, 06:53 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Darkchild at
wrote on 9/11/04 12:07AM:

Brigitte wrote:
[...]

Boy, I sure would suspect it I sure hope Millie gets over this soon. It
just is not usually THIS traumatic to be a first time kitty slave. Poor
girl. Poor you. Keep us updated. I think of her often.

Old September 11th 04, 07:04 AM
Mary

"Darkchild" wrote in message
I have great news - the tests came back today and they were negative for

FIP so that is one theory ruled out.

Wow! That's wonderful! I've been worried that no news was bad news.

I think Millie is feeling better - the vet says that she is looking more

alert because she is responding to hydration but she is still being force
fed. He is starting her on appetite stimulants tonight and will see how she
does over the weekend. Her skin is still yellow but her gums are less so
which is what the vet said he was judging by. Apparently the yellow colour
can remain in the skin for sometime.

Ahh, the poor little thing. It sounds like you've got a decent vet now,
anyway.

She is still not using her litterbox to urinate - but we're taking that

one day at a time. The vet is going to do one more test to check her liver
enzyme levels and will decide on whether to biopsy then.

I hope this clears up soon. I'll be interested in knowing why the vet thinks
she is avoiding the box. Maybe she just feels too bad.

She's going to be in the hospital until Wednesday - and then I can take

her home. He would have released her Monday but I have to be away for work
on Tuesday so we agreed to keep her in until then.

Very good. Her illness sounds really serious, and you needed the help. I
know you will be happy to have her at home and she'll be happy too!

I'm just relieved that it's not FIP and that Millie will be back with me

soon! The vet said it's probably either a pre-existing condition or an
infection that was introduced through the blood. Again, he's been very
careful not to blame anything on her spay surgery but I can help but
suspect it.

Man, I tell you, me too. That guy just did not sound right.

I'm just so thankful to finally have a vet who seems to know what he's

talking about. He's evern reducing his fees for me since he knows that she
is a new adoptee.

Super.

Thanks again for all your purrs and good thoughts - it's working!

I'm so happy. Sending more to you.

Old September 11th 04, 03:07 PM
Brigitte

"Darkchild" wrote in message
[...]