Sapphire is sick

Old March 8th 05, 04:37 PM
Karen

Oh man. I"m sorry to hear this. How old is Sapphire? What is her history?

"Barb" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
Poor Sapphire is at the vet waiting for her sonogram. She seems so

suddenly
sick. Yesterday I brought her in to the vet because she was walking away
before finishing her food and I could feel her back bone. She wasn't

anemic
or dehydrated but had a few high numbers with her blood test. Today I
brought in a urine sample which the vet wanted. Her x-ray showed

enlarged
liver and kidneys and the vet felt something.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old March 8th 05, 04:50 PM
Mary

"Barb" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
Poor Sapphire is at the vet waiting for her sonogram. She seems so

suddenly
sick. Yesterday I brought her in to the vet because she was walking away
before finishing her food and I could feel her back bone. She wasn't

anemic
or dehydrated but had a few high numbers with her blood test. Today I
brought in a urine sample which the vet wanted. Her x-ray showed

enlarged
liver and kidneys and the vet felt something.

--

Keeping you both in my thoughts.

Old March 8th 05, 05:33 PM
Karen

"Barb" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
Sapphire just turned 15 in Feb.. She has been with me since I found her
declawed and a stray in the street for 3 weeks when she wasn't even a year
old. No history other than a couple of UTIs.

She is all black with a little white heart under her chin, half of which

was
shaved for her blood test yesterday. She is so sweet and gentle, even at
the vet and she has been my little guardian angel all these years.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Aww. Gentle purrs that this is not something that can't be worked with.

Old March 8th 05, 10:48 PM
Slimpickins

"Barb" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
Poor Sapphire is at the vet waiting for her sonogram. She seems so

suddenly
sick. Yesterday I brought her in to the vet because she was walking away
before finishing her food and I could feel her back bone. She wasn't

anemic
or dehydrated but had a few high numbers with her blood test. Today I
brought in a urine sample which the vet wanted. Her x-ray showed

enlarged
liver and kidneys and the vet felt something.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

***I'm sorry. She' in my thought's and prayers for healing, Barb!

ML

Old March 9th 05, 04:58 AM
Phil P.

"Barb" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
Poor Sapphire is at the vet waiting for her sonogram. She seems so

suddenly
sick. Yesterday I brought her in to the vet because she was walking away
before finishing her food and I could feel her back bone. She wasn't

anemic
or dehydrated but had a few high numbers with her blood test. Today I
brought in a urine sample which the vet wanted. Her x-ray showed

enlarged
liver and kidneys and the vet felt something.

Best wishes and hopes for Sapphire.

Phil

Old March 9th 05, 05:12 AM
Rhonda

Barb,

I'm glad they're getting down to the bottom of what's going on with
Sapphire. I hope it is something they can fix without much trouble.

Hoping for good news tomorrow,

Rhonda

PS -- Sorry they have to shave part of her little heart! Tell her not to
feel bad about it, I'm sure she still has enough heart to spare.

Old March 9th 05, 04:57 PM
Barb

Thanks so much for all of your well wishes. After I dropped Sapphire off at
9 AM the vet called at 2PM to say due to the awful snow and driving
conditions the sonogram doctor would not be in. I did go right away to pick
her up and the driving was terrible with accidents all over. The vet said I
could have left her- yeah, right, not if it's not necessary. So now we go
back on Thursday.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,