Recliner woes

Old April 16th 04, 10:02 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Recliner woes

Last night I kicked back in the recliner to watch TV, and before all
was said and done I was watching half a screen, the bottom half
blocked by a cat head.

After sitting down, Sammy jumped up and took up her station between my
legs on the foot rest. About the time she fell asleep, Rocky decided
to join us. So up he jumps, and settles down on my stomach with his
tail hanging down in Sammy's face. Then here comes Little Bit, to nap
on my chest, with her tail hanging in Rocky's face.

Sammy wakes up to find a furry tail in her face, and gives it a little
love bite. Rocky decides he need to move up an little, so he starts
pawing at Little Bit's butt. As far as Little Bit is concerned, she
gets first dibs on recliner laptime, so she turns around, hisses and
bops Rocky on the head.

So, I pull Little Bit farther up my chest and rest my arm between
Little Bit and Rocky. It meant that Rocky could now see a perfectly
good scritching hand laying idle on my chest, so I had to use my other
hand to scritch his head. This ended the hostilities, but of course
left me waching half a TV screen.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 16th 04, 01:23 PM
JP Hobbs

Hi again Steve, I could just see them like elephants
touching tails, and they can feel like elephants too
cats love sleeping in legs, all mine have done and they can
get pretty heavy Henri R.B. weighed 9 point three kilo's
before he got sickand boy he got heavy, they lay in my
legs all night, wilson is not too bad, he's slim. Jean.
news

Old April 16th 04, 04:00 PM
Marina

"Steve Touchstone" wrote
[...]

LOL! I only have two, but they manage to block my view pretty well between
them. They never used to be lapcats, but just lately, both Frank and Nikki
have started to come up to me, wanting to be taken up so they can snuggle
with me.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 16th 04, 06:28 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:39:40 GMT, O J yodeled:

On Fri, 16 Apr, Steve Touchstone wrote:

Last night I kicked back in the recliner to watch TV, and before all
was said and done I was watching half a screen, the bottom half
blocked by a cat head.

---------------------snip----------------------

That reminds me of a cartoon in the Kliban book, "Cats." There
is a couple in their living room with their invisible cat in front of
the TV. They remark how they "... enjoy our TV much more now since we
got our brand new GE invisible cat."

Regards and Purrs,
O J

In my family, whenever someone obstructed the TV set, someone else
would always ask, pointedly, "Is your father a glazier?"

This has no effect on the cat.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old April 16th 04, 07:07 PM
lrulan

geez, are you a slave! But I'm sure the little masters love it.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old April 16th 04, 08:09 PM
Nan

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:28:08 -0400, Kreisleriana
wrote:

[...]

I tell Tiger every day that he makes a better door than he does a
window, and it just goes in one ear and out the other. In other words
he does the typical master thing and ignores me.

Nan