"Rescuing" a cat

Old April 16th 04, 09:09 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:51:28 GMT, "Hopitus2"
yodeled:

"STINKPAW"? And supposedly she loved that cat......LOL.

Hey, mine is Stinky. And I love him.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old April 16th 04, 09:22 PM
Hopitus2

Somehow, "Stinky" is endearing and appealing. OTOH, although unique and
innovative, "Stinkpaw" turns me off, for one......but the cat probably
doesn't mind a bit.

:
: alt.tv.frasier FAQ: http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/
:

Old April 16th 04, 10:28 PM
Karen

"O J" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Apr, Hopitus2 wrote:

"STINKPAW"? And supposedly she loved that cat......LOL.

I was taking that short-cut one day, and came across a young man
talking to the cat. Thinking that it might amuse him to know the
cat's name, I told him it was Stinkpaw.

"No it's not," he replied, "my parents just call him that. His
real name is Rusty."

Regards and Purrs,
O J

LOL!!

Old April 16th 04, 10:45 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:38:37 GMT, O J wrote:

On Fri, 16 Apr, Hopitus2 wrote:

"STINKPAW"? And supposedly she loved that cat......LOL.

I was taking that short-cut one day, and came across a young man
talking to the cat. Thinking that it might amuse him to know the
cat's name, I told him it was Stinkpaw.

"No it's not," he replied, "my parents just call him that. His
real name is Rusty."

Regards and Purrs,
O J

"Thoughts are things..." Don't demean your friend. Call him by a
loving name. IMHO

Old April 16th 04, 11:12 PM
Christine Burel

You and your wife's hearts were certainly in the right place! Kudos for
being willing to try and help 'cause he could've needed rescuing for real.
Christine
"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

My wife and I used to live in a nice apartment with a path
between it and the next building. You could park on the street back
past the path and walk through to go in the front door.

For almost a week, we had seen the same orange male sitting at
about eye level in the crotch of a tree on the path and seemingly, he
had never moved. We first saw him there on Monday, and by Friday Lynda
requested that I 'do something' about the cat. I demurred, claiming
that the cat could almost certainly take care of himself and that he
would come down when he got tired, bored, or hungry. My protestations
were of no avail however, and I soon found myself proceeding
downstairs while donning a pair of thick leather gloves.

As I got the tree, I started talking to the cat, calling him
sweet puss and other blandishments. I was just about to test the
protection that I hoped would be provided by the leather gloves when a
face appeared in the window on the side of the building. The woman
attached to the face asked me pointedly just what did I think I was
doing with that cat.

I replied that I supposed that it depended on who you asked. I
stated that if you were to ask my wife, I was rescuing the cat, but if
you asked me I was making a damn fool of myself.

As it turned out, Stinkpaw was her cat and he just liked to be
close to home even though he liked to do it from outdoors. Oh well,
it wasn't the first time I had felt like a fool and had proved myself
correct.

Regards and Purrs,
O J