Mubu and Angel: RB

Old June 26th 04, 05:16 AM
John Kimmel

Default Mubu and Angel: RB

The usual great cats.

Both distinguished by deep, resonant "meows", late at night when I might
go to the kitchen for a glass of water, or to the bathroom.

They were my girlfriend's cats. When I met them, they lived on top of
the refrigerator to avoid the 60 lb hyperactive puppy who constantly
harrassed and chased them both. Most of the time, they just weren't
around, they'd be out of the house and out of the yard, but when the
dogs were asleep they'd sneak in to eat, and announce their presence
with a ghostly "meow" in the dark--more of an "aaaaanh".

Mubu was put down in January when he was diagnosed with kidney failure.
With him gone, we saw even less of Angel, he would stop by once a
month at most. The last time I saw him, a few weeks ago, we were
relaxing in the hot tub late at night and I heard him calling from the
other side of the fence. We got him into the house and fed him. The
plan was to keep him in the house for the night and then take him to the
vet in the morning to get chipped, but he managed to escape. After
that, I offered to take him to my house where he might have a happier,
dog-free life (if we ever caught him again) but my girlfriend refused.

She saw him dead beside the highway yesterday morning. We buried him in
the evening in the corner of the yard next to his brother, Mubu. We
didn't give him a proper eulogy, so I wrote this for the people who care.

Thanks,

--
John Kimmel

http://home.teleport.com/~guy_noir/i...ubu_angel1.JPG
http://home.teleport.com/~guy_noir/i...ubu_angel2.JPG

Old June 26th 04, 06:31 AM
Yoj

"John Kimmel" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so sorry, John!

Joy

Old June 26th 04, 12:22 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , John Kimmel at
wrote on 6/25/04 11:16 PM:

[...]

So sorry to hear about this. Poor Mabu and Angel.

Old June 26th 04, 02:45 PM
jmcquown

John Kimmel wrote:
[...]

I'll offer up a poetic benediction that they both passed safely over the RB.
The poem bears repeating:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our
special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food,
water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just
as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are
happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very
special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly
stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager
body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the
green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally
meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The
happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from
your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....