Chilli Roasted Parsnip Recipe (as promised)

Old December 21st 05, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Chilli Roasted Parsnip Recipe (as promised)

Serves 8
3 lb (1.35kg) parsnips
5 tbps oil
1 heaped tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
Salt, ground black pepper

Heat oven to 200c, 400f, R6
Peel and halve or quarter parsnips
Dig out any woody cores then cook in boiling salted water for 3-4 mins
Meanwhile pour oil in large roasting tin and put in oven for 5 mins
Drain parsnips
Take tin from oven and tip parsnips in hot oil
Sprinkle chilli flakes & thyme over parsnips and turn to coat in oil
Cook for 35-40 minutes until crisp
Sprinkle with salt and pepper

Voila!

Sprout recipe to follow, got to sleep now, firm Xmas do tomorrow night
and need my beauty sleep.

Marcia

Old December 21st 05, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thyank you Marcia! This sounds really good and I'll definitely try it!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

oups.com...

Old December 22nd 05, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ideally a good quality vegetable oil, unless you're rich and can use
olive oil! Don't know what chilli flakes brand are I just buy the ones
I see. Maldon salt is best, or any sea or rock salt.

Old December 22nd 05, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Appreciate the update no comment on the rich part I always ask if
someone uses a certain brand I have to special order a certain brand of
flour called three rivers from the Kentucky, USA area it has a unique taste
to it and makes my baking extra special. I have added this recipe to my
cook book going to try it tonight
oups.com...

Old December 22nd 05, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

YUM! This sounds great. I've saved it and will try it someday soon.
I love parsnips.

Jane