Eager beaver

Old September 18th 04, 08:06 PM
Marina

Default Eager beaver

Sometimes Nikki does what i call her eager-beaver thing. It's not just
her face, but her whole body seems to hum with excitement. Her eyes are
big as saucers and popping out of her head. She pushes her whiskers so
much forward that her whiskers pads stand out from her face. It's
especially noticeable now that her chin has been shaved. She paws at
anything that happens to be in front of her, with her claws just a
little out, so they make little holes. I've never seen any other cat do
this. She's not sharpening her claws, it's just light pawing, but with
the claws out a little.

Just now, she was sitting out on the balcony, doing the eager beaver and
pawing the bookshelf I have there for the cats to sit on. Paw, paw, paw,
with the claws sticking a little at each pawing, so there's a row of
little holes along the edge of the shelf. And purring very loudly all
the time. I don't know what she was so excited about, but then she went
to the litterbox, a huge stink spread throughout the flat, and then she
climbed to the top of the cat tree and fell asleep.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old September 18th 04, 10:24 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Marina at
wrote on 9/18/04 2:06 PM:

[...]

Grant does this!! He does it on carpet, with butt in air. Whiskers all
pushed forward. He does that same thing with his claws just a leeeeetle bit
out, but not enough to really catch. He too, also, goes and lays down after
ward (or he may make a small detour and briefly wrestle a nip stick). It's
SO cute.

Old September 18th 04, 10:38 PM
bonbon

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:06:36 +0300, Marina
wrote:
(snip)
And purring very loudly all
the time. I don't know what she was so excited about, but then she went
to the litterbox, a huge stink spread throughout the flat, and then she
climbed to the top of the cat tree and fell asleep.

Marina, it's so weird that you posted this, because last night while I
was in the kitchen I was thinking about posting something to the group
about this very thing (I just wasn't quite sure what subject to give

For years now, I've noticed most of my cats go ripping around the
house, tail like a question mark - right before they go and make a
big stink in the litter box!! What do y'all suppose the connection is
there?

-bonbon