Persia's Home! (so is Peaches)

Old February 21st 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Persia's Home! (so is Peaches)

We stayed an extra day in Arkansas due to some nasty snow and icy roads.
But I'm home now and so is Persia! She's done her march around the
apartment three or four times, checked out the closets, yowled at
everything. Made sure there is indeed some snow on the ground and
everything is here where she left it. And Peaches the lovebird is here, too
and doesn't much care! LOL All is well

I'm tired and going to take a snuggly nap with Persia. Purrs for everyone
who needs them.

Jill

Old February 21st 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

We stayed an extra day in Arkansas due to some nasty snow and icy roads.
But I'm home now and so is Persia! She's done her march around the
apartment three or four times, checked out the closets, yowled at
everything. Made sure there is indeed some snow on the ground and
everything is here where she left it. And Peaches the lovebird is here, too
and doesn't much care! LOL All is well

I'm tired and going to take a snuggly nap with Persia. Purrs for everyone
who needs them.

Jill

Welcome back!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 22nd 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
We stayed an extra day in Arkansas due to some nasty snow and icy
roads. But I'm home now and so is Persia! She's done her march
around the apartment three or four times, checked out the closets,
yowled at everything. Made sure there is indeed some snow on the
ground and everything is here where she left it. And Peaches the
lovebird is here, too and doesn't much care! LOL All is well

I'm tired and going to take a snuggly nap with Persia. Purrs for
everyone who needs them.

Jill

Glad to hear you're all home. How was your trip? I hope you had a
great time!
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old February 22nd 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
We stayed an extra day in Arkansas due to some nasty snow and icy
roads. But I'm home now and so is Persia!
Jill

Glad to hear you're all home. How was your trip? I hope you had a
great time!

It wasn't like a week in Bangkok (heheh) but we had fun! We drove over to
PetCo on Thursday and ascertained the days they have the dogs and cats up
for adoption was on Saturday from 1-4 PM. It's just as well it snowed
heavily in the wee hours of Saturday morning, Britta. Honestly, neither one
of us can take in another pet but he really wanted to see the dogs and cats.

As it was I was dreaming of bringing home a big long-haired guinea pig; I
could just picture it running around my apartment terrifying Persia. Oh,
and I got to hear the funniest thing on the intercom/loudspeaker while we
were the "Customer needs assistance in MICE". Okay, it doesn't take
much to amuse me! But where else could you hear something like that? I
was happy to see all the rabbits they had for sale were marked as
spayed/neutered. So much for...[ahem] like rabbits. Did I mention it
doesn't take much to amuse me?

We saw a pretty good movie while we were braving the icy streets. 'The End
of the Spear'. Featured absolutely unknown actors but was a very good
story, if you consider missionaries going in and destroying an entire south
american indian culture in the 1940's a good thing.

We had some good food while we were there and I called to check on Persia
and Peaches, of course. Persia has been extra-clingy, sleeping with all
four paws touching me or draped over me just to make sure I'm there. Poor
baby. I got a good kneading on my side before we settled down for a few
hours sleep I wonder if she snores when she's being boarded? She sure
snores like mad when she's curled into me!

Please give Vino a hug for me and thanks for asking about my trip.

Jill

Old February 22nd 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
badwilson wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Sounds like fun, Jill. And those things amused me too :-) I hope you
have another trip planned for the near future. It must be hard being in
a long distance relationship.

Old February 22nd 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
We stayed an extra day in Arkansas due to some nasty snow and icy
roads. But I'm home now and so is Persia! She's done her march
around the apartment three or four times, checked out the closets,
yowled at everything. Made sure there is indeed some snow on the
ground and everything is here where she left it. And Peaches the
lovebird is here, too and doesn't much care! LOL All is well

I'm tired and going to take a snuggly nap with Persia. Purrs for
everyone who needs them.

Jill

Welcome back! Where did you stay in Arkansa?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 22nd 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
We stayed an extra day in Arkansas due to some nasty snow and icy
roads. But I'm home now and so is Persia! She's done her march
around the apartment three or four times, checked out the closets,
yowled at everything. Made sure there is indeed some snow on the
ground and everything is here where she left it. And Peaches the
lovebird is here, too and doesn't much care! LOL All is well

I'm tired and going to take a snuggly nap with Persia. Purrs for
everyone who needs them.

Jill

Welcome back! Where did you stay in Arkansa?

Thank you! We met up in a really low-rent place called the Scottish Inn.
Heh, with a last name like McQuown, you can figure I'm Scottish, whichi
means frugal. Run by Indians. It had a microwave and a half size fridge.
Nice big room and access to lots of restaurants.

If you like to drink you have to buy a membership to a club (it's a dry
county), but other than that there are some decent restaurants. Bring your
own booze

Persia has been snuggling like mad. She wants to be next to her 'momma'
I love snuggling with my kitty, too!

Jill