We're losing the S again

Old August 10th 14, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default We're losing the S again

This may be the last time I sign myself as "Slave of the Fabulous Furballs"

Yesterday afternoon I noticed Sarsi seemed a bit subdued but when Dreamies were produced she perked up for a bit. She's been moulting heavily and I wondered if perhaps she had a hairball-hence the anti-hairball Dreames. A little later on when I was eating she came and had a look then went back to bed. She slept through the night but she was drooling when she woke up

This morning she seemed very weak, she purred when held and seemed to appreciate the Zoom Groom but when I put her down she seemed very unsteady and disoriented.

I called the vet and it sounds like she's had a stroke. Vet feels to haul her to the surgery or have someone come and prod at her wouldn't make a lot of difference. She's not in any pain, she's curled up under the kitchen table, wrapped in a blanket with a saucer of food and a bowl of water nearby.. She's barely breathing now but at least she's asleep and not in any pain.

I can't believe it-she was fine yesterday morning.

I just went in to see her, her tail twitched slightly and she purred a little when I stroked her. Dave keeps saying things like "That's a hopeful sign"- he's in total denial. She's both ours heart cat and she's only 11- if she gets better it will the BCT to top all BCT's ever!

So for probably the last time

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 10th 14, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:20:43 AM UTC-7, Judith Latham wrote:
Purrs and prayers for Sarsi to get better. Judith -- Judith Latham Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

thanks Judith but it ain't gonna happen. For the last hour or so she's waved her tail at me as if to say "I ain't dead yet" but now even that's stopped she responds to a stroke a little and when Dave got up and went to speak to her she seemed to know his voice. Bonnie is sitting near her crying I honestly think she's lasted longer than expected but it's only a matter of time before I go in and find she's gone. I've thought it twice in the last half hour only to find she's still breathing just
Old August 10th 14, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/10/2014 7:10 AM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
[...]

Oh Lesley, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Jill
Old August 10th 14, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 4:10:28 AM UTC-7, Lesley Madigan wrote:
This may be the last time I sign myself as "Slave of the Fabulous Furballs"

It was she passed away peacefully about 4.35 this afternoon- I checked on her at 4.30 her breathing seemed a little laboured but she didn't appear to be in pain I gave her a little skitchie and she purred. I went back and told Dave "I don't think it'll be much longer" went back in and she'd gone. She wasn't in pain, she died under the kitchen table where she liked to sleep

I took her body to the local emergency clinic. They were very nice, said it was plain she was a well loved cat. She'll be cremated as part of a general cremation- the price difference will find it's way to Celia Hammond in her memory.

Bonnie is looking for her all the time and crying

And so I once again sign myself

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball

Old August 10th 14, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

[...]

~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry you lost Sarsi, but I'm happy that she passed peacefully and
was not in pain. She was greatly loved and was lucky to have you (just as
you were lucky to have her).

MaryL

Old August 10th 14, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:45:43 PM UTC-7, MaryL wrote:
she passed peacefully and was not in pain. She was greatly loved and was lucky to have you (just as you were lucky to have her). MaryL

I'm missing her so much and Bonnie is going spare

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball
Old August 10th 14, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/10/2014 4:15 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
[...]

I'm so very sorry, Lesley. I know how much it hurts. Purrs for your
broken heart.

Jill
Old August 11th 14, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 8/10/2014 3:02 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:45:43 PM UTC-7, MaryL wrote:
she passed peacefully and was not in pain. She was greatly loved and was lucky to have you (just as you were lucky to have her). MaryL

I'm missing her so much and Bonnie is going spare

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball

I'm so sorry, Lesley. There are no words to help.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old August 12th 14, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 13:15:20 -0700 (PDT), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

[...]

Oh, so sorry to read this. Purrs from us all.

OT - Can't Win for Losing CatNipped[_4_] Cat anecdotes 7 July 14th 11 09:49 PM
cat losing fur lori Cat health & behaviour 3 March 28th 06 10:26 PM
cat losing fur lori Cat health & behaviour 1 March 26th 06 11:13 PM
losing fur hawk Cat health & behaviour 6 February 20th 06 02:08 AM
Need Help-- Cat losing his EYE happilycrabby Cat health & behaviour 18 September 2nd 05 02:25 AM