Cat doesn't want to stay indoors

Old September 22nd 03, 09:47 PM
Miner At The Dial-A-View

Default Cat doesn't want to stay indoors

Looking for some advice concerining my 15 year old (that's OAP status,
right?) cat here...

Over the last couple of months my cat has spent as much time as she
possibly can outdoors and is really reluctant to stay indoors. It's got
to the point now where she comes into the kitchen for food and
after she finishes eating, she immediately goes and sits by the back door
and will keep sitting there until she is let out. No amount of calling
her will get her to come voluntarily into any other part of the house.
If we pick her up and carry her into the living room, she'll run out into
the kitchen straight away.

She seems perfectly healthy (despite her age) and is still chasing
insects/mice/birds. Her appetite is as good as it ever was. Initially
we thought it might be because of the hot summer, but now it's the middle
of september and it's getting colder but she's still the same.

So does anyone have any ideas as to why she doesn't want to stay inside?

Oh, and here's some pics of her! :-

http://www.cageofmonkeys.co.uk/pics/cat.JPG
http://www.cageofmonkeys.co.uk/pics/trotsky2.jpg

--