Regarding Fuzzies

Old April 14th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Regarding Fuzzies

I had scanned a couple of covers into my computer and tried to post them
on my yahoo pictures account, but of course I failed. :-(

So I went into http://amazon.com and found their H. Beam Piper
collection and, apparently a bunch of them are being re-printed.
YEAH!!! I copied the covers and put them into my Yahoo pictures account at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tanada...bUntEBKLBBNyrA

Or http://tinyurl.com/ek46g

There is a different vision of Fuzzies on the cover of one of the
re-prints, but I think it is even more like an Ewok than is right. I
love this version of those charming little people.

Pam S. who really loves the fuzzy series
Old April 14th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
I had scanned a couple of covers into my computer and tried to post them on
my yahoo pictures account, but of course I failed. :-(

So I went into http://amazon.com and found their H. Beam Piper collection
and, apparently a bunch of them are being re-printed. YEAH!!! I copied
the covers and put them into my Yahoo pictures account at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tanada...bUntEBKLBBNyrA

Or http://tinyurl.com/ek46g

There is a different vision of Fuzzies on the cover of one of the
re-prints, but I think it is even more like an Ewok than is right. I love
this version of those charming little people.

Pam S. who really loves the fuzzy series

I'm glad to hear about your success but why are you posting this information
here? Fuzzies are fictional aliens in a series of science fiction stories,
not cats.

--
Rhino

Old April 14th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-14, Rhino penned:

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

I'm glad to hear about your success but why are you posting this
information here? Fuzzies are fictional aliens in a series of
science fiction stories, not cats.

In the rpca FAQ:

People could be forgiven for thinking this group is about cats, it
isn't. It is a group for cat lovers to discuss whatever the hell they
want. :-) Of course that's mostly about cats.
- Adrian from RPCA

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 15th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[snips]

No cluons were harmed when "Rhino"
wrote:
I'm glad to hear about your success but why are you posting this
info
here? Fuzzies are fictional aliens in a series of science fiction
stories,
not cats.

She *did* say it was Off Topic ([OT]) in the subject line...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old April 15th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[snips]

No cluons were harmed when Tanada wrote:
So I went into http://amazon.com and found their H. Beam Piper
collection and, apparently a bunch of them are being re-printed.

My sister-in-law met the lady who did the second sequel, at a book
signing.

The lady mentioned how H. Beam Piper came to a bad end (just when he
was newly rich, he thought he was completely and irretreivably broke,
and commited suicide), how the second author came to a grisly end (I
forgot - a car accident, I think), and how she was probably taking her
chances writing the third book, but that it wads worth it (big grin).

I heard they found some more of Piper's notes and that there *may* be
another book one of these days. Note that this is a completely
unsubstantiated *RUMOR*.

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old April 15th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
I'm glad to hear about your success but why are you posting this
info
here? Fuzzies are fictional aliens in a series of science fiction
stories,
not cats.

She *did* say it was Off Topic ([OT]) in the subject line...

Uhh, no she didn't. The thread _before_ this was one was marked OT but not
this one....

--
Rhino

Old April 15th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-14, Rhino penned:

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

I'm glad to hear about your success but why are you posting this
information here? Fuzzies are fictional aliens in a series of
science fiction stories, not cats.

In the rpca FAQ:

People could be forgiven for thinking this group is about cats, it
isn't. It is a group for cat lovers to discuss whatever the hell they
want. :-) Of course that's mostly about cats.
- Adrian from RPCA

Okay, fine.... Seemed a bit inappropriate to me but I wasn't aware of the
content of the FAQ (or even it's existence).

--
Rhino

Old April 15th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
I'm glad to hear about your success but why are you posting this
info
here? Fuzzies are fictional aliens in a series of science fiction
stories,
not cats.

She *did* say it was Off Topic ([OT]) in the subject line...

Uhh, no she didn't. The thread _before_ this was one was marked OT
but not this one....

I can see you ending up in a lot of killfiles. Stop being so picky.
--
Adrian

Old April 15th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-15, Rhino penned:

Okay, fine.... Seemed a bit inappropriate to me but I wasn't aware
of the content of the FAQ (or even it's existence).

First hit on google:

http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/pages/whatis.htm

I swear I've seen another document somewhere, though, that says even
more, like that while many groups have strict policies about not
top-posting, snipping, etc., this group tries to be as inclusive and
welcoming to new members as possible, so it's not something to get
upset about.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 15th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Rhino wrote:

I'm glad to hear about your success but why are you posting this information
here? Fuzzies are fictional aliens in a series of science fiction stories,
not cats.

--
Rhino

Are you new here? RPCA is a glorious blend of on and off topic posts
geared for those who love cats and are friends with each other. We were
talking about H. Beam Piper on another thread and I tried, but failed,
to describe fuzzies. So I went hunting for pictures.

RPCA people have a lot of interests in common. Most of us love books, a
lot read science fiction and/or mysteries. We all tend to like various
types of music. A lot of us garden. We're all interested in each other
and how each other's lives are going.

Very rarely do we get someone who comes in here to be nasty. When we do
get those kind of trolls, we post recipes as we want to cook the troll
but no one is stupid enough to eat one. These troll-be-ques are very
popular in here and people have been known to jokingly try to start one
because they want to learn about new foods. You were not here for the
infamous mayonnaise vs. salad dressing in potato salad debate.

So, while you may feel that my post was off topic, it was not. Food,
books, television shows, movies, music, and food are never off topic in
here.

Thank you for your comments,

Pam S.