I put the snatch on Scooter and he's at the Vet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 13th 09, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default I put the snatch on Scooter and he's at the Vet

Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

So I took Marlo home and Scooter is sitting at my front door. I put
Marlo inside, took the carrier outside, and put food in the carrier.
Scooter wasn't biting. I called a friend and she said to try using
Kitty Krack (Temptations). I put around 10 of them in the carrier and
in went Scooter. Bad move. Door closes, and the next thing he knows
he's being driven to the vet.

Oddly, he didn't make a sound. Marlo and Nipsy whine the whole way and
hide. Espy looks around and comments about my driving skills. Scooter
was very much like Espy, just looking around. Perhaps he would have
been more talkative if he knew what was coming (or going as the case
is).

Anyway, he's been neutered, and his tests are negative. I'll pick him
up after work. The only question is what to do now. I really REALLY
don't need a fourth cat and I think I'm going to let him go back to
his (extended) family.

Espy hates him. Every time he seems him through the fence in the
backyard he tries to attack him. Not looking good for him joining the
brood but he really does seem to be a great cat.

Anyone around NYC want a great cat?