It's back :(

Old November 23rd 05, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default It's back :(

Lesley wrote:
wafflycat wrote:

The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

But it's still not worth going to the evil dentist, is it?

Purrs that Monday comes quickly and it doesn't hurt too bad until then.

I have good teeth, unfortunately when I was born my teeth and jaw were
malformed enough that it was physically impossible for me to bite a
carrot. Reconstruction began when I was six and continued until I was
13. I have scars down the back of my throat and a hole/slash in my
tongue that resembles what happens when you run a sharp knife over a
piece of beef. So I am very familiar with what mouth-pain feels like.

--Fil
who will never get a tongue ring
because metal in my mouth has lost all appeal

Old November 23rd 05, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...

wafflycat wrote:

The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

Helen

Where are you? Most cities have some sort of emergency dental
arrangements. For example here in East London, you can be seen at the
dental school at Royal London by day free of charge (through places are
limited) and in the evening and at weekends they provide a service but
you have to pay for that.

Norwich - the humane dentist is at the emergency dental hospital, but she's
not on duty until Monday. I will not be seen by any other butcher. I'm
prepared to wait until the humane dentist is available even if it means
waiting in pain. I'd sooner stick hot irons under my toenails than be seen
by anyone else. Long story... previously posted... phobia of dentists...

Cheers, helen s

If you really are in pain then you can go to an A&E who will at least
give you something for the pain and many have a dentist on-site or try
calling round local dentists some will do emergency work

Hope this helps

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs (and about to start a long and major
course of dental work so you have my sympathy)

Old November 23rd 05, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

helen s

Purrs on the way, if they don't help, try a bottle of gin. ;o)

I've already hit the sherry...

Cheers, helen s

Old November 23rd 05, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-23, Marina penned:
wafflycat wrote:
The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with
the *humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

So sorry. I suppose this would be the wrong place to tell you I went
for my annual check-up and my TED found not a single cavity. /
Anyway, many many purrs on the way, and hope the abscess doesn't get
too painful before you get to see your TED.

People with good teeth will never know the pain of people with bad
teeth =/ Literally.

Every dentist I've seen in the last five years pretty much agrees that
it's all about genetics. Those of us with bad teeth can brush, floss,
mouthwash, etc. till the cows come home ... and we still have
problems.

This is true. Out of the siblings in my family, my oldest brother and I
inherited Dad's strong teeth. Dad is 81 and with the exception of a few
implants, he still has most of his natural teeth. Paul & I have had a few
cavities but (knock wood) never needed a root canal or anything like that.

My middle brother inherited my mom's bad teeth. She had a full set of
dentures by the time she was my age and has problems with bone loss and her
gums. About 3 years ago my brother got so sick of spending thousands per
year on dental procedures he literally had all his pulled and replaced with
implants. OUCH! He also had to have bone implants. The whole process took
over a year and why he started it right before Thanksgiving I don't know.
He was on soft foods (like mac & cheese, eggs, mashed potatoes, etc.) all
that time.

Jill

Old November 23rd 05, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

helen s

Anti-discomfort purrs on the way.

Jill

Old November 23rd 05, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote in message
The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

helen s

That sucks, I feel for you! What is it with teeth lately? The manager of
my store just had an abscess taken care of about 3 weeks ago, her husband
just had one 2 weeks ago, a customer came in with an abscess last week and
my husband's wisdom tooth was painful to him today and he had to put an
aspirin directly on the tooth and gum. Is it tooth fairy season?

kili

Old November 23rd 05, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote
The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

Emergency painkilling purrs coming from us lot, the first 3 of whom have
had dentals and empathise profoundly.

Purrs
Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki

Old November 23rd 05, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote in message
The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

helen s

Get to the non-humane one then! Abscesses are scary things.

Love

Jeanette

Old November 23rd 05, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Thanks everyone. It's back :(

Thanks you lot

The worst of it is, I cooked a lovely meal tonight and could really enjoy
it.

Got a lovely free-raneg, corn-fed chicken. In the cavity (after washing it
out) I put salt, black pepper, carlic, thyme and a whole lemon (unwaxed, of
course). Between the meat & skin on the breat I stuffed in slices of lemon.
Then I sprinkled the skin with garlic & thyme. I sat it in a roasting pan,
on a bed of chopped onion. Covered it in foil & roasted it. The juices that
come off the chicken make a fabulous gravy when mixed with some sherry
and/or white wine, with a large spoonful of orange marmalade in for added
sweetness to counter the sharpness of the lemons.

I roasted potatoes & parsnips in olive oil & garlic, then steamed some
brussels sprouts, broccoli and carrots.

YUM... except when you have an abscess...

Cheers, helen s

Old November 23rd 05, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:58:01 +0000 (UTC), "wafflycat"
wrote:

The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

helen s

{{{{Helen}}}}}

Purrs that it flares down again until Monday!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)