It's back :(

Old November 23rd 05, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default It's back :(

oh, poor sweetie, take those painkillers. Purrs and prayers the pain goes
away soon.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"wafflycat" wrote in message
The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

helen s

Old November 23rd 05, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:58:01 +0000 (UTC), "wafflycat"
wrote:

The abscess is flaring up again... I can't get an appointment with the
*humane* dentist until Monday...

WWWWAAAAHHH!

helen s

Ouch! The furkids are sending purrs for you to feel better ASAP.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.
Old November 23rd 05, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-23, CatNipped penned:

Every dentist I've seen in the last five years pretty much agrees
that it's all about genetics. Those of us with bad teeth can
brush, floss, mouthwash, etc. till the cows come home ... and we
still have problems.

I haven't had a cavity in over 40 years, neither of my children have
ever had even a single cavity. However that hasn't meant no dental
pain - I've had one root canal and need two more and have had
exposed nerves and need two crowns! :

I just said bad teeth; you narrowed it down to cavities =P

Root canals, exposed nerves, and crowns seem like enough trauma to me.
(Though I could beat that with multiple cavities, several crowns and a
root canal ... and GL could beat us both with no trouble!)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 23rd 05, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Get yourself to your GP for some antibiotics asap.

DH had an abscess start under a tooth the weekend before last and his
Dr gave him a prescription. His visit to TED (The Evil Dentist) was on
Monday and the abscess was gone (much to DH's relief, he's phobic
about dentists too).

Pain relieving purrs are being directed in an easterly direction as I
type.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Old November 23rd 05, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

" On 2005-11-23, CatNipped penned:

Every dentist I've seen in the last five years pretty much agrees
that it's all about genetics. Those of us with bad teeth can
brush, floss, mouthwash, etc. till the cows come home ... and we
still have problems.

I believe that about genetics. I was 14 when I had my first cavity, and 18
when I lost my first wisdom tooth. When he was in my mid-30's, my late
husband lost his first wisdom tooth. He had had one cavity by that time.
My daughter is meticulous about brushing and flossing, and has had lots of
cavities and a root canal. My son brushes if he happens to think of it, and
doesn't even own any floss, and he's had one cavity. He's 41. Obviously,
he took after his Dad and my daughter took after me.

Joy

Old November 23rd 05, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-23, CatNipped penned:

Every dentist I've seen in the last five years pretty much agrees
that it's all about genetics. Those of us with bad teeth can
brush, floss, mouthwash, etc. till the cows come home ... and we
still have problems.

I haven't had a cavity in over 40 years, neither of my children have
ever had even a single cavity. However that hasn't meant no dental
pain - I've had one root canal and need two more and have had
exposed nerves and need two crowns! :

I just said bad teeth; you narrowed it down to cavities =P

Root canals, exposed nerves, and crowns seem like enough trauma to me.
(Though I could beat that with multiple cavities, several crowns and a
root canal ... and GL could beat us both with no trouble!)

Too true. The need for root canals and the exposed nerves I did to myself
by brushing my teeth wrong (sideways instead of up and down from root to
crown) with a *hard* toothbrush. I actually have worn grooves in my teeth
at the gum line.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 23rd 05, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm so very sorry to hear that, Helen.
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for you to be as painfree as
possible til Monday,
Polonca and Soncek

Old November 23rd 05, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

oh no...hope it's sorted out quickly and relatively painlessly, purrs!!

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old November 24th 05, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So sorry to hear it, Helen. May the pain quickly subside and stay away
until your mouth mechanic can take care of the underlying problem.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old November 24th 05, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

People with good teeth will never know the pain of people with bad
teeth =/ Literally.

Oh, I've had my fair share of dental problems. Last year, I had not one,
not two, but *three* root canals. That's why I was so surprised when the
dentist told me she couldn't find anything to do to my mouth this year. )

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi