gone without a trace

Old November 24th 05, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default gone without a trace

That nasty business on Abelard's shoulder is completely finished. You can no
longer even find the spot where it was inflamed. We are both so grateful for
the healing purrs from RPCA.

In other news, I found and hppe to buy a small house (still quite a bit
larger than where I am now) that's for sale in the town nearest to me. I
decided not to wait and rely on that low-interest USDA Rural Development
loan I mentioned several months back, if I can get a loan through a local
bank. It is just simpler and quicker this way, and there's so much less
paperwork involved and the choices are better without all the restrictions
like central heat being required, etc. I dislike central heat, anyway.

I'll be meeting with the loan officer this coming Monday, and if I am
approved for the amount I need, and the house is acceptable to the lender at
the price I offered, I will need to come up with around $4500 by around
Christmas time. That will be quite a challenge, but I'm committed to doing
it, even if it means selling my car and taking a cash advance on my one and
only credit card, then applying for another to which I can transfer the
balance and pay 0% interest on it for a year through one of those type of
offers that constantly come in the mail.

I think the house will pass muster with the bank, but somewhat concerned
about raising the downpayment in time. And I'll need still more cash to make
the place kitty-safe, being that it's on a residential street in town (where
there is traffic) and purchase appliances (stove, refrigerator,
washer/dryer) which I do not own.

I've decided that if I get the house, I will enclose the whole backyard with
a tall cedar fence with an electric wire at the top to prevent climb-overs
and stone at the bottom to prevent dig-unders. Any cat that tries to climb
over will have to be in contact with a one-foot-wide continuous row of
grounded chickenwire fastened to the cedar just below the hot wire, when
trying to go "over the top". I think the shock will discourage further
attempts. And the fence will give me a modicum of privacy as well, and
enable me to continue my usual practice of gardening in my birthday suit.

The best things about this place a

(1) I'll no longer have to drive anywhere to go shopping for food;
(2) It has a partial basement to hide out in during severe storms;
(3) there are three bedrooms: one for sleeping, one for an office, one for
storage;
(4) there's a garage, and an attic which is well insulated;
(5) It has large shade trees;
(6) BROADBAND IS AVAILABLE!!!

If I do get it, I won't be moving until April. There are renters in it now,
and they're good ones. They'd like to stay through the winter, and I'd like
a few more months to save up for the fencing lumber and appliances.

Wish me luck? Money purrs are hereby entreated....

Thanks!!

Old November 24th 05, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:32:41 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

I think the house will pass muster with the bank, but somewhat concerned
about raising the downpayment in time. And I'll need still more cash to make
the place kitty-safe, being that it's on a residential street in town (where
there is traffic) and purchase appliances (stove, refrigerator,
washer/dryer) which I do not own.

I hope this works out for you!

I don't know if this is even possible with this house, but don't
forget that you can make your bid include the purchase of the major
appliances already there. When my parents bought their current house
2-3 years ago, their bid included payment for the stove and
refrigerator that were already there. The then-current owners
accepted, and so Mom and Dad didn't have to go out and buy those
appliances separately, and they got them cheaper than if they'd had to
buy new later.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old November 24th 05, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
[...]

Good news on Abelard!
Good luck with the house. We've bought houses through bank financing
before. There are pros & cons. Itt's a *whole* lot less hassle & red
tape, and you'll likely take possession much faster than the USDA
loan. But the interest rate won't be nearly as good, which can
sometimes mean a big difference in your payment amount. Banks usually
don't escrow taxes & insurance, so you have to come up with the lump
sum once a year on your own. Banks are way more lenient about the
condition & amenities of the house.
Anyway! Good luck!!

Sherry

Old November 24th 05, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
I don't know if this is even possible with this house, but don't
forget that you can make your bid include the purchase of the major
appliances already there. When my parents bought their current house
2-3 years ago, their bid included payment for the stove and
refrigerator that were already there. The then-current owners
accepted, and so Mom and Dad didn't have to go out and buy those
appliances separately, and they got them cheaper than if they'd had to
buy new later.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

That's a good thught, Jeanne. Especially the range. It is pretty well
expected around here that with the purchase of a house comes the
cookstove also. Washers/dryers are "extras", but sometimes thrown in by
the buyer too.

Sherry

Old November 24th 05, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote
I don't know if this is even possible with this house, but don't
forget that you can make your bid include the purchase of the major
appliances already there. When my parents bought their current house
2-3 years ago, their bid included payment for the stove and
refrigerator that were already there. The then-current owners
accepted, and so Mom and Dad didn't have to go out and buy those
appliances separately, and they got them cheaper than if they'd had to
buy new later.

The applicances that are in the house belong to the renters.

Old November 24th 05, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs on the way that you are able to make this work.

Is there anyplace there where you can buy reconditioned used appliances? I
know they are available here and often come with some bit of a warranty. I
used to have a tax client that had that sort of business in addition to
doing appliance repairs - mostly for apartment complexes. And my next door
neighbor does this now.

And get a fixed rate mortgage if at all possible. Variable just isn't worth
the risk.

Jo

Old November 24th 05, 10:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
snip
Wish me luck? Money purrs are hereby entreated....

Thanks!!

Lots of good luck purrs on the way. Maybe some of Abelard's good luck will
rub off onto you. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 24th 05, 11:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
That nasty business on Abelard's shoulder is completely finished. You
can no longer even find the spot where it was inflamed. We are both
so grateful for the healing purrs from RPCA.

Good news!

In other news, I found and hppe to buy a small house (still quite a
bit larger than where I am now) that's for sale in the town nearest
to me. I decided not to wait and rely on that low-interest USDA Rural
Development loan I mentioned several months back, if I can get a loan
through a local bank. It is just simpler and quicker this way, and
there's so much less paperwork involved and the choices are better
without all the restrictions like central heat being required, etc. I
dislike central heat, anyway.

Ahem, what kind of heat does it have, then? Radiator/steam heat? It must
have *some* sort of heat. Don't trust space heaters in any way shape or
form. Especially not with cats around.

I think the house will pass muster with the bank, but somewhat
concerned about raising the downpayment in time. And I'll need still
more cash to make the place kitty-safe, being that it's on a
residential street in town (where there is traffic) and purchase
appliances (stove, refrigerator, washer/dryer) which I do not own.

Most places include at least the stove, if not the fridge.

I've decided that if I get the house, I will enclose the whole
backyard with a tall cedar fence with an electric wire at the top to
prevent climb-overs and stone at the bottom to prevent dig-unders.
Any cat that tries to climb over will have to be in contact with a
one-foot-wide continuous row of grounded chickenwire fastened to the
cedar just below the hot wire, when trying to go "over the top". I
think the shock will discourage further attempts.

Sorry, but electric shock treatment never agreed with me. It just sounds
cruel. Teach the cats to be indoor cats. It can be done, if you're
willing.

And the fence will
give me a modicum of privacy as well, and enable me to continue my
usual practice of gardening in my birthday suit.

EEEEK!

Old November 24th 05, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

House ownership purrs are on the way. I sincerely hope that you get
the loan and the house of your dreams.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.
Old November 24th 05, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote

Ahem, what kind of heat does it have, then? Radiator/steam heat? It must
have *some* sort of heat.

Yes, it does. A propane floor furnace. Radiators are great but hard to find
around here.

Don't trust space heaters in any way shape or
form. Especially not with cats around.

Space heaters and woodstoves are all I've ever used, and the cats absolutely
love them, too.

Most places include at least the stove, if not the fridge.

In this area, they don't. Not even in rental homes and apartments.

Sorry, but electric shock treatment never agreed with me. It just sounds
cruel. Teach the cats to be indoor cats. It can be done, if you're
willing.

Uh, Jill, there's a huge difference between an electric fence and "shock
treatment".

EEEEK!

Hey, I know I'm ugly, but even I don't think I'm ugly enough to make another
woman scream in horror!

Try some heavy outdoor work in the sun between May and October during
full-blown menopause, without an air conditioned place to cool down in, and
see how long you can keep it up with any clothing on your body....