Update, Cinder & Rosie's visitors good news

Old September 1st 04, 01:33 AM
Annie Wxill

Default Update, Cinder & Rosie's visitors good news

Thank you to all who offered good wishes for the puppies we rescued this
weekend, especially to Katnipped, who went the extra step to see if she
could convince DH to take one or both of them in.
I'm sorry that I have not answered all the posts. I've been busy with the
babies and also paying attention to Rosie and Cinder.
Tonight a rescue group returned my call and said they would take the
puppies. The Website for the group is
http://www.ccare.homestead.com/Index.html.
They will take the pups to the Petsmart adoption center, where they should
be easy to place in a home.
I know beggars shouldn't be choosers, but I pretty much grilled the woman
who called about how they screened potential adopters and what kind of
facility they had to house the animals, etc. I liked what she answered.
Tomorrow, I will take the pups to the vet for their first shots before
C.C.A.R.E. picks them up. I want them to have the most immunity as possible
for any exposure to disease.
They look really good and are full of energy, now that the worms are gone
and they have had good meals.
Poor Jim has grown quite attached to them. His eyes watered up a little
when I told him that I had some place that would take them.
I think Cinder will be quite relieved. She probably thinks we have lost our
minds.
However, I think Rosie will miss them. She finds them entertaining.
I will miss them, too, but I think it's in their best interest. I feel good
about getting them off to a good start.
Annie

Old September 1st 04, 02:50 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Annie Wxill at
wrote on 8/31/04 7:33 PM:

[...]

They are so cute, I am sure they will be adopted.

Old September 1st 04, 05:13 PM
O J

On Tue, 31 Aug, Annie Wxill wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I feel good about getting them off to a good start.
Annie

You should feel good about it, you've done a wonderful deed indeed. I
know that your good karma will have increased for taking
responsibility for those puppies.

Regards and Many Purrs,
O J

Old September 1st 04, 09:13 PM
Annie Wxill

"O J" wrote in message
You should feel good about it, you've done a wonderful deed indeed. I
know that your good karma will have increased for taking
responsibility for those puppies.

Regards and Many Purrs,
O J

You are kind to say so.
I hope whatever angel is watching over them will continue to keep watch and
make sure they go to wonderful forever homes.

As for me, I'm just not made to do rescue. The emotional investment is so
high. I really admire those people who care for feral cat colonies and
people who foster on a regular basis. I tend to do it when circumstances
push me into it. My usual contribution is in the form of donations to those
who do the really hard work. That's where the really good karma and a lot of
credit belongs.
Annie

Old September 1st 04, 11:13 PM
Sherry

As for me, I'm just not made to do rescue. The emotional investment is so
high. I really admire those people who care for feral cat colonies and
people who foster on a regular basis. I tend to do it when circumstances
push me into it. My usual contribution is in the form of donations to those
who do the really hard work. That's where the really good karma and a lot of
credit belongs.
Annie

Don't sell yourself short. There's not a whole lot of people who would take on
those puppies like you did. I got in an argument with someone on another group
about this. If it weren't for people like you, who accept responsibility for
other people's animals, we'd be in a whole heap of trouble 'cause shelters
can't do it alone.
I agree with you, too, I'm not cut out for it either and only do it when I'm
pushed into it. I used to foster and quit. I also agree about the emotional
attachment.
Even with the last two kittens, Billy & Lilly, I knew they were going to a
wonderful home. I knew I couldn't keep them. I was indescribably relieved when
Pat offered to take them. That didn't stop me from bawling & squalling for ten
miles down the road after we dropped them off. That was pretty stupid.

Sherry

Old September 2nd 04, 03:41 PM
Adrian

Annie Wxill wrote:
SNIP
I will miss them, too, but I think it's in their best interest. I
feel good about getting them off to a good start.
Annie

You've done a wonderfull thing, giving those pups the best chance of a
long and happy life.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.