The Prophet's Progress

Old June 18th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default The Prophet's Progress

I am pleased to say i think Jeff recognized us when we went to his room last
night; huis eyes were briefly opened and he tried to wave; I think he even
tried to talk but he has a tube of some sort, probably for oxygen or to suck
crap out of his lungs. They have him in a bed that shakes every couple of
hours to loosen the ick that moved in and brought relatives.

I know very little about what's going on except the cellulitis appears
inproved, he's not as bloated with fluid or whatever was making him look like
a watermelon and the color is far improved overall. We don't get to see his
parents much; they live too far off and their usual visiting time is while
Louie and I are at work. They don't say much so I can only guess at how they
are feeling, and even then I don't have a full grasp: I am not, nor can I
ever be, a mother. I do know that a social worker visited and they are
looking at some extensive rehab, possibly at an inpatient place. Because of
this there's been some concern over the cats.

Jeff has Sweetie, his cat; the parents will look after him. They asked me to
do a little skip-tracing for the guy who is supposed to belong to the cat
Jeff was fostering, Tigger; the parents wanted to give her back. Not out of
any sense of meanness; they are animal people with enough animals to fill up
the home as it is. I think Jeff was less a foster-caretaker and more the
victim of a dumping; the man had given Jeff couintless excuses not to take
her back when he could have and is now nowhere to be found, and his last
couple of jobs left no forwarding information. They had none to give. I have
a friend who knows Jeff also and she's willing to take Tigger.

He is able tor eceive cards; the hospital will let us bring in music for Jeff
and we'll try to make recordings of the cats for him. Visitors are screened
as strictly as they do at airports, I found; only four people outside the
family are allowed at his parents' request, and ministers besides the
hospital chaplain must be accompanied by Jeff's parents or any of the four on
the list. I suppose it's a public-health thing, or some ICU/CCU rule.

Anyway, he is improving. Thank God. We we'ren't sure for a while but I think
he'll beat this pneumonia and body sepsis yet. My uneducated opinion.

To all of you, thanks for your words of encouragement.
Those those who have provided me certain admonishment, thank you as well. It
was a wake-up call in a different direction.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 18th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:73e3b920fc74c@uwe...
[...]

Please update as often as you can, my aunt and uncle want to know how the
LDS prayers are going ;-)

Tweed

Old June 18th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
KMP

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Jeff and you - and all the cats involved, of course...
Kathy
Old June 18th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Please update as often as you can, my aunt and uncle want to know how the
LDS prayers are going ;-)

From the sound of things, I'd say they're working pretty well. Just a
couple of days ago, things weren't looking good at all. I know he's not
completely out of the woods, but this is encouraging news.

Joyce
Old June 18th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Baha via CatKB.com u18616@uwe wrote:

I am pleased to say i think Jeff recognized us when we went to his room last
night; huis eyes were briefly opened and he tried to wave; I think he even
tried to talk but he has a tube of some sort

Wow, that's great news! It really didn't sound like he had much hope the
last time you posted. Purrs that he continues to improve.

Jeff has Sweetie, his cat; the parents will look after him. They asked me to
do a little skip-tracing for the guy who is supposed to belong to the cat
Jeff was fostering, Tigger; the parents wanted to give her back. Not out of
any sense of meanness; they are animal people with enough animals to fill up
the home as it is. I think Jeff was less a foster-caretaker and more the
victim of a dumping; the man had given Jeff couintless excuses not to take
her back when he could have and is now nowhere to be found, and his last
couple of jobs left no forwarding information. They had none to give. I have
a friend who knows Jeff also and she's willing to take Tigger.

That's good! Why bother chasing down that deadbeat? Doesn't sound like he
cares about her very much, and he probably wouldn't provide her with a
very good environment. What a relief Jeff's friend will take her.

To all of you, thanks for your words of encouragement.

Continued purrs and encouragement!

Joyce
Old June 18th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Christina Websell wrote:

Please update as often as you can, my aunt and uncle want to know how the
LDS prayers are going ;-)

Apparently they seem to be doing some good, if Jeff is getting to the point
where he can open his eyes even a moment and tell that someone he knows is in
the room. He isn't out of the woods by far, but it seems a path has been
found. I suppose though that the local temple is much like the CCU nurse, and
won't tell me jack.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 18th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:73e56d1c2c720@uwe...
Christina Websell wrote:

Please update as often as you can, my aunt and uncle want to know how the
LDS prayers are going ;-)

Apparently they seem to be doing some good, if Jeff is getting to the
point
where he can open his eyes even a moment and tell that someone he knows is
in
the room. He isn't out of the woods by far, but it seems a path has been
found. I suppose though that the local temple is much like the CCU nurse,
and
won't tell me jack.

I'm not sure quite what you mean by this last comment. We are doing our
best here. I'm sorry if you are disappointed that an immediate cure hasn't
happened.
It will be a long haul to recovery for someone in that sort of condition who
has practically destroyed himself.

Tweed

Old June 18th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Christina Websell wrote:

Please update as often as you can, my aunt and uncle want to know how the
LDS prayers are going ;-)

Apparently they seem to be doing some good, if Jeff is getting to the
point
where he can open his eyes even a moment and tell that someone he knows
is in
the room. He isn't out of the woods by far, but it seems a path has been
found. I suppose though that the local temple is much like the CCU nurse,
and
won't tell me jack.

I'm not sure quite what you mean by this last comment. We are doing our
best here. I'm sorry if you are disappointed that an immediate cure
hasn't happened.
It will be a long haul to recovery for someone in that sort of condition
who has practically destroyed himself.

Tweed

I think you misunderstood her meaning. She is frustrated that as friends
and not family she and Louis don't get any information about how Jeff's
recovery is coming. That he appears to be recovering so it appears the
prayers are doing some good. And she has no idea if the local temple is
doing anything, since they don't give her any information either.

Jo

Old June 18th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

ACK!!! I've done it again. I meant to say that the workings of the temples
are (in accordance with Mormon teaching) closed to me, technically an
apostate. I was speaking of the most local one to me, about a 2-hour drive
from Buffalo. And no, I do not expect an immediate cure, not from something
like this; real life doesn't work like those people on the televangelist
shows, not the majority of time anyway; though I do believe in prayer and
healing by faith.

Tehre is a reason Jeff is where he is No disrespect meant, please!!! I know
you're doing your best and I'm so sorry I have once again succumbed to
jackass speech. I've had to ask a lot of pardons here recently and I hope
you'll be among them. I've had my mouse in my mouth enough here in recent
weeks...

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 18th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Baha via CatKB.com u18616@uwe wrote:

ACK!!! I've done it again. I meant to say that the workings of the temples
are (in accordance with Mormon teaching) closed to me, technically an
apostate. I was speaking of the most local one to me, about a 2-hour drive
from Buffalo. And no, I do not expect an immediate cure, not from something
like this; real life doesn't work like those people on the televangelist
shows, not the majority of time anyway; though I do believe in prayer and
healing by faith.

Tehre is a reason Jeff is where he is No disrespect meant, please!!! I know
you're doing your best and I'm so sorry I have once again succumbed to
jackass speech. I've had to ask a lot of pardons here recently and I hope
you'll be among them. I've had my mouse in my mouth enough here in recent
weeks...

Baha, I think you've done fine! Your speech would NOT be considered
"jackass speech" by any reasonable person. I certainly understood
what you meant. And furthermore, having read your posts for however many
years we've both been active on this newsgroup, I can tell that you're
not the kind of person who would dismiss someone's sincere attempt to
help with a flip or bitchy comment. So although I wasn't 100% what you
meant by the temple not giving you info, I knew it wasn't a bad comment
about Tweed's friends and the praying they have done for Jeff. There's
no way I would have read it that way, because that's not your style.

I know what it's like to suffer from low self-esteem, and to assume that
every time someone gets mad at me, it must be my fault. But now that I'm
the observer here, I can see that in this case, it's not. It's good to
be sensitive to other people's needs, and to listen to them when they
have something important to tell you, even when it's not pleasant. That's
how people work through difficulties in their relationships. But it can't
be all your fault whenever communication fails. Especially through the
Internet!! Sometimes, the other person can simply misunderstand, or be
in a bad mood themselves. That says much more about them than it does
about you.

You're under tremendous stress, so your defenses are probably down. Be
nice to yourself.

Purrs,
Joyce

Progress Adrian A Cat anecdotes 4 April 29th 06 08:59 PM
Some progress (OT) Pat Cat anecdotes 37 October 18th 05 01:18 PM
progress with Sam Ann Cat anecdotes 7 December 4th 04 04:07 PM
More Progress Singh Cat anecdotes 15 October 28th 04 02:51 AM
Progress! Singh Cat anecdotes 81 October 20th 04 04:57 PM