vet visit

Old January 8th 11, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default vet visit

as you know we are having difficulty with the hotel and the number of cats
we have in this small place. one of the problems we had i had not revealed
before because of waiting to find out if there was a problem with our six
remaining cats. As many of you also know Tiger went to the bridge after our
house fire. he was out for a day and never recovered from the stress of it
all, along with the actual fire, he was terrified of all strangers and most
men even if they were in his house. being out, having been chucked out by a
stranger, being without me for an entre day with nofood stressed his sustem
to the point that the before unknown feline lukemia activated in his system
and he went downhill rapidly. The ER vet was so purplexed by Tigers rapid
downhill progress that he went back to the clinic, ran the test at no charge
to me and then when he got the results called us with the bad news. after
some discussion with this vet and the regular one we decided to wait a while
to test for fiv/flv so we would have a solid answer once and for all. if a
cat is infected it can take up to and over thirty days for it to show
positive and since no cats wer showing signs of it this is what we did.

now with these living arrangement issues we had to make sure the cats were
virus free so in case they have to be rehomed nobody else would be exposed.
It turns out that none of the other cats are positive and that is a huge
releif. now if things are such that i have to get someone to foster i can
do it with assurance that all of my cats are healthy.

Barbi has a stress related hot spot on her back which occurs from time to
time. everone stayed the same or gained weight except for OEJ and
Storrmee's sensitivity to having her tail touch seems to be related to the
connecting joint at her body and tail and thankfully is not displasia.

MH hurked up on the way to the vet, it doesn't matter to him if its five
minutes or fifty minutes he seems to hurke when put in the van. Vet says if
we have to bring him in and its not an emergency we can get a pill to calm
this.

other than the expense of it all, it was a pleaseant visit for us the
humans, the cats, not so much

Old January 8th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Jan 8, 7:00*am, "Storrmmee" wrote:

Diss is mosly gud gnoos. I hope mine DH enjoyed hurking up in da van.
Creatiff hurking can cause hoomins to skweel wiff delite.

--
Missy

Old January 8th 11, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 06:00:15 -0600, "Storrmmee"
wrote:

[...]

Wow! You must have been VERY worried about the FeLeuk in your other
cats; I would have been beside myself with anxiety.

I am VERY glad to hear that none of your other cats contracted the
FeLeuk. Some good news, for a change.

I still think about poor Tiger...if he hadn't gone through SO MUCH,
after the fire, he might have been OK. What a tragedy for everyone.

But, it could have been much worse. I keep saying that, but it doesn't
help as much as it should.

This whole situation with the hotel giving you all this trouble over
your cats makes me very, very angry...but nothing I can say will help,
so I have not said anything before, and I won't say anything now.

I just hope you can find places to foster your cats.

I am so very far away from you, unfortunately.

Kenzie absolutely would NOT accept another cat...but Lorelei MIGHT.

If I was close, I would be willing to try...but I'm not close.

Your vet bill must have been very large, but there was no way to get
around doing it.

I feel guilty because I haven't taken Lorelei to the vet, yet.

But she is still so skittish and scared, I hate to cause any stress for
her.

I read the entire post in meow chat, which is hard for me, BEFORE I read
this one in people talk.

I know that things WILL work out for you, and for your cats.

There are so many good people who want to help....and so many like me,
who WANT to help, and can't

I just hope the stress hasn't been too hard on you.
Old January 8th 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Good for you Gandiff, reading in meowchat I mean. I have changed the
adventure we just went on from meowchat to peoplespeak, would you like to
read it? Will be glad to email to you.

Old January 8th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 16:04:51 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

Good for you Gandiff, reading in meowchat I mean. I have changed the
adventure we just went on from meowchat to peoplespeak, would you like to
read it? Will be glad to email to you.
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message

I would love to read it, if it isn't too much trouble for you.

Thank you very much.

Everyone is so nice to me here

I love reading the stories here....but I read meow chat so very slowly,
and some I can't understand at all.

This is one of my many faults, I'm afraid

Old January 9th 11, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Don't fret sometimes it is hard for us too, especially if you are trying to
translate. You have to add some words an change a few to make it flow.
Will email it to you.

Old January 9th 11, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

it wuz beree kule becauze da ted heperz hadda klean minesef anna mine jail
befure dey kuld steel mine blood, MH

Old January 9th 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

the anxietystress has been tremendous for both dh and myself, having to not
say anything about the real cause of tiger's passing just made it almost
unbearable... i know things will get better and that is why i can keep
going.

the vet bill was close to six hundred dollars, but it ahd to be done. now
if i do have to fster them i can prove they are healthy.

knowing there are people out there who care and are concerned does a lot for
my mental state, the hotel is just doing what every other business with
employees does, politics is everywhere, Lee

Old January 9th 11, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

this is one of the best groups on the net, soft
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 16:04:51 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

Good for you Gandiff, reading in meowchat I mean. I have changed the
adventure we just went on from meowchat to peoplespeak, would you like to
read it? Will be glad to email to you.
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message

I would love to read it, if it isn't too much trouble for you.

Thank you very much.

Everyone is so nice to me here

I love reading the stories here....but I read meow chat so very slowly,
and some I can't understand at all.

This is one of my many faults, I'm afraid

Vet Visit [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 2 May 4th 07 12:56 AM
Visit to Ted Kathryn Cat anecdotes 15 July 5th 06 02:49 AM
TED Visit!!! Stormmee Cat community 7 November 13th 05 05:14 AM
Vet Visit Mathew Kagis Cat anecdotes 11 January 12th 05 07:39 AM
Vet Visit Mathew Kagis Cat health & behaviour 2 January 7th 05 06:48 PM