Cat afraid of fish

Old May 23rd 04, 01:22 AM
David Yehudah

Reminds me of when I was raising a very large bullsnake. Every Saturday
I fed him, first mice, then, as he got larger, rats. All live. Then one
day, horror of horrors, the pet store had neither mice nor rats. I
bought a gerbil and took it home. Attila struck at the gerbil, the
gerbil ducked and proceeded to whip Attila until he liked it. For about
six months or more, every time I put food in the pen for him, Attila
cowered in the corner and refused to feed. He could have gone a year or
so without eating if necessary, but I sure was glad when he stopped
being such a wuss and started eating again.

Tigger wrote:
Our oldest cat is deathly afraid of the Goldfish. It's not so much
afraid of the fish, as afraid of seeing them under the water. She's an
avid mouser, so it's not fear of the fish.

We got her from a cat rescue place a few years back. It seemed that she
had a home, but decided to leave. She was petrified of the TV for well
over a year and would not get up on your lap for almost two years. She
also runs at the sight of the broom. I think you're geting the picture
now. Likely chased off the furniture with a broom and associated the TV
with the Living Room.

The fish fear is a little harder to explain. When we first got her she
got very upset at the sound of running water in the bathtub and would
pace outside the door until you were finished your bath. She would also
look in the bathtub when you were finished. The only conclusion I can
reach is that her previous 'owner' had drowned her kittens in the
bathtub. She was not spade when we got her and had given birth several
times. Might just be a failed bathing experience, but I don't think so,

Opinions.

Afraid of vaccum? JoJo Cat anecdotes 46 April 14th 04 06:36 PM
It's called FISH food for a reason! Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 6 January 4th 04 01:09 AM
OT...I have fish!! (Att. Christine and Victor) Gizela Cat anecdotes 20 December 16th 03 06:22 PM
Gizmo and Fish...Kinda OT Gizela Cat anecdotes 7 December 15th 03 01:13 PM