Heat in the US

Old July 9th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Default Heat in the US

Everyone be careful with the temperatures in the 90's or above.

If you can put out extra water for the animals that don't have slaves to
care for them. I had a squirrel drinking from my bird bath today.

Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old July 9th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

I am leaving the sinks running keeping them full here in Florida it was
104 Saturday 103 Sunday 102 today

Old July 9th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

On Jul 10, 6:06 am, "Ann" wrote:
Everyone be careful with the temperatures in the 90's or above.

If you can put out extra water for the animals that don't have slaves to
care for them. I had a squirrel drinking from my bird bath today.

And make sure you change outside water sources for the extra animals
as well as kitty dishes, or you get mosquitos breeding.

Another thing to watch is ants, slugs, and other summer critters
getting in the food if you leave some outside. I put my dog's food
dish inside a larger one with water in it so she doesn't eat the
creepy crawlies.

Cantate

Old July 9th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Ann wrote:
Everyone be careful with the temperatures in the 90's or above.

If you can put out extra water for the animals that don't have slaves
to care for them. I had a squirrel drinking from my bird bath today.

Ann

I keep water in the bird bath. But oddly, today it was only in the 70's.
Unheard of for July in the southern U.S.! I got to sit outside for a while
without melting!

Jill

Old July 10th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Ann" wrote in message
Everyone be careful with the temperatures in the 90's or above.

If you can put out extra water for the animals that don't have slaves to
care for them. I had a squirrel drinking from my bird bath today.

Ann

I can't keep water in the birdbath when it gets really hot. But I do no
have a huge ceramic dish under a dripping faucet in the back yard. Everyone
takes turns. Dogs, cats (ours and the neighbors) and all sorts of birds.
One day we had 14 blue jays all at once. There's a few robins out there
now.

They seem to abide by disaster rules. No one gets attacked while drinking.

This dish is thanks to the discussion a few weeks ago on spilled water
bowls. Kayla was tipping the backyard bowl over and moving it out of the
drip. The new bowl is large enough that she can lie down and drink with
both front paws in the bowl without moving it. Don't know why but she likes
to do that.
Jo

Old July 10th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Matthew" wrote in message
I am leaving the sinks running keeping them full here in Florida it was
104 Saturday 103 Sunday 102 today

You have my sincere sympathy. No wonder I haven't heard from my sister. I
know what that is like, plus you have ten times our humidity, and it doesn't
really cool off there at night.

Jo

Old July 10th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"jofirey" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
I am leaving the sinks running keeping them full here in Florida it was
104 Saturday 103 Sunday 102 today

You have my sincere sympathy. No wonder I haven't heard from my sister.
I know what that is like, plus you have ten times our humidity, and it
doesn't really cool off there at night.

Jo

Jo I went to bed last night about 1:30 am and it was still almost 90
outside with a 80% humidity factor
It has gotten so humid lately that my A/C units are being cleaned every
other day. I can't wait to see my bill at the end of the summer. Even with
the A/C set at 60 it still is almost 80 in the house. The furballs are
setting in front of my cyclone fans keeping cool

I got to get a bigger central unit maybe one like from man of the house
with Tommy Lee Jones
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...use/index.html where it is
so powerful that icicles grow from the ceiling but getting a a/c person out
in the summer is like thinking you own a cat

Old July 10th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:43:30 -0400, "Matthew"
wrote:

"jofirey" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Matt,

Have you thought of getting a heat pump system? They are supposed to
be more energy efficient.

I hope it cools down soon! I have "cat puddles" all over the house,
especially under the ceiling fans and in front of the floor fans. It
is amazing how flat they can make themselves when it is warm out!

Mishi
Old July 10th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Matthew" wrote in message

"jofirey" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
[...]

I remember the movie, and the girls stealing his pizza, but I don't remember
the AC. I'll have to add that to my blockbuster queue. It would be funny
again.

Jo

Old July 10th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

wrote:

"jofirey" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
[...]

We have one it just the heat and humidity is so bad right now that the
systems can't keep up. I have a window 10,000 btu ac unit to help out and
it even has trouble keeping it cool. At least Spirit is the smart one he is
laying in front of it. It is almost 2 am and it is 85 out right now