Health and Behavior Top Ten

Old April 9th 05, 09:49 PM
Candace

CatNipped wrote:
Curious...

I just googled rpch+b for my email address and got back 282 results.

How do you get the statistics for how many posts someone makes to the

group?

Hugs,

CatNipped

See my earlier reply; however, the numbers are not the same as the OP
posted.

Candace

Old April 9th 05, 09:51 PM
CatNipped

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...

It''s not very difficult to get this info. All you do is go to Google
groups, find a group, and click on the "About this group" at the top
of the page and it gives you the info. Of course, the info doesn't
correlate to what the OP posted so I don't know where he/she got that
info. I'm pleased to see that I am numero 5 on all time top posters
and if it weren't for AOL dumping newsgroups, forcing me to post thru
Google, which is annoying at best, I would still be a prolific poster.
Sux.

Oops, I posted my question before you posted this.

This month's top posters
301
201
178
157
119
105
79
75
74
73

Yeah, that's more in agreement with what I got when I just googled my email
address (282 total). I didn't *think* I had made 1304 posts! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 9th 05, 10:04 PM
CatNipped

Yes, you did mininterpret my statement...or I may not have been clear in
what I said. My concern is with the number of messages (and I am now
contributing too many of my own) that get so far off-topic that people

with
legitimate concerns for their cats may give up in frustration while trying
to wend their way through numerous OT posts. That is especially true if

the
reader does not know how to configure their newsreaders to keep topics
together (or possibly don't have the capability to do so, as with webtv
users).

Well, then, I apologize for my misinterpretation. And I agree with you
about flame wars.

Well, it doesn't sound to me like a request for you to stop posting. It
sounds more like a request to post on-topic. At least, that's my
interpretation. I did notice the reference to 40+ posts in less than a

day,
but I also noticed specific statements saying that "you're free to post
anything you like" and "you are free to do as you please."

MaryL

But I didn't *say* it was a request for me to stop posting, I said, "I
received *ONE* email from someone who didn't like me posting to the group."
To me, that email certainly sounded like someone who didn't like me posting
to the group, so I'm not seeing where I lied! It certainly wasn't a polite
request to keep on topic.

Also, those 40+ posts in less than a day was in a discussion about cats.
I've seen as many posts from that same person in a flame war that had
nothing do to with cats. Sorry, I just thought it was a case of the pot
calling the kettle black.

And I think calling a person's cell phone to leave a message laced with
profanity is going a bit over the top and has me, I think understandably, a
bit upset!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 9th 05, 10:36 PM

Lori the liar wrote:

But I do get my hackles up when people
(not you) email me, then follow that up
with an accusatory, foul languaged
message to my *CELL PHONE*, just because
I was doing something on the group that
they do every day!

You can't even be honest about this, but it's obvious that this is more
about garnering attention and sympathy (an ongoing habit of yours).
Telling you you owe me a "****ing apology" was about the extent of it,
or maybe when I mentioned that your behavior was so "****ing high
school" or something like that. Big deal. I have every right to be angry
with you. There was no calling you names or anything of the sort
although it's obvious that's what you want to imply since you are an
extreme attention seeker and make a point of manipulating situations to
gain sympathy. You're just like Holly.

By the way, the message said I was a
liar about what was emailed to me, so
against what I had originally intended,
I'm copying and pasting the email here
so people can be the judge of whether I
lied about is (I still won't post the
name of the person who emailed it and
called my cell phone):

Oh please, why don't you just say it was me you gutless coward? It's
obvious from what is contained in the email since I am practically the
only one here with webtv and am known to have your phone number.

Your are so pathetic with your pretense at somehow trying to take the
moral high ground when you are wallowing in deep dirt. Most of us can
see right through you.

Now, since you posted my private email to you (which I sent privately
because it was inappropriate for the newsgroup and I had no wish to add
to the OT garbage already permeating the group) maybe you can point out
where I said I didn't want you posting to the group?

Let's take a look:
"I have never sent an email like this
before and I'm sorry, but I have to say
it. Have you stopped to look at the
group you're posting in? It's *health*
and *behavior.* Not anecdotes. Of course
you're free to post anything you like,
anywhere you like, and as much as you
like

This confirms I understand you are free to do what you want. I see
nothing here that says you shouldn't be posting.

but I'm also free to tell you that
between you and your new best friend
Mary (who is mean, nasty, vile,
unbalanced and utter scum and I don't
know why you would give her the time of
day) you are making the group almost
unreadable with the flood of off topic
and incessant postings.

Here I state my opinion on what you've been doing, but nowhere do I say
I don't like or want you posting or that you shouldn't post.

I don't have the
luxury of a killfile (and have to click
through every post in order to mark them
as read,) but if I did you and Mary
would be the first ones in it. Just
yesterday, by 7:30 you'd posted over 40
posts in just h&b, most of which were
involved in a flame war. You were only
outnumbered by Mary, who probably hit
80-90 by the end of the night. And all
the flames coming from you, who
criticized me for "how" I say something,
I find to be rather hypocritical and
annoying. I will reiterate that you are
free to do as you please and I can't
tell you what to do, but it would be
nice if you stepped back, took a look at
what you're doing and have some
consideration for others.

Hmmmm, it's pretty clear here that I simply asked that you have
consideration for others. I never said I didn't like or want you posting
to the group and simply described what I felt the problem was.

I know it's
futile to expect that from Mary and I
won't even bother to ask because there
is obviously something very wrong with
her mentally, but I was of the opinion
that you were better than that.

And here I paid you a compliment.

And of
course I'll still help you with cats.
:-)"

And here I lightened things up. And you went off the deep end and
subsequently lied about me.

OK, how was, "I received *ONE* email
from someone who didn't like me posting
to the group." lying about the above
email???? I would think anyone, after
reading that, would infer that this
person didn't like me posting to the
group!

Again, there was no such comment or inference. I was very clear in
saying it would be nice if you had some consideration for others.
Nothing more.

And to the person who called my cell
phone and left the accusatory, foul
languaged message to my cell phone (and
yet accuses others of stalking because
they post to newsgroups!!), what would
you call this?

Letting you know my opinion about your lies is not stalking. I didn't
realize that a single incident of voicing displeasure about your lying
was a crime, but if you feel it is then you need to call the police and
file a complaint. Here is the main number for the Houston PD:
713-884-3131
Make sure to let them listen to the message I left, and have them email
me and I'll be happy to send them the copy of the email you sent me
giving me your phone number. Make sure to also let them know that we
have spoken several times on the phone and all our conversations were
pleasant ones where we teamed up to help someone else, or I helped you
out with advice.

I think anyone would understand, after
all this, why I am a bit upset.

Why, because your lies and disingenous, attention getting behavior have
come back to bite you in the ass?

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old April 9th 05, 10:47 PM
Mary

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

Oh, I won't deny I post the occasional joke or cute picture - ooooooo,

how
horrid of me!

I was referring to completely OT messages. In your case, I seem to recall
some political messages and a message about color coding for security.

The idiot Mathew Kagis started that nonsense. He argued that I believe
it is dangerous for cats to roam free because the events of September 11,
2001 filled me with irrational fear. So it was not actually off-topic, it
relates
back to the health and behavior of cats with regard to the very important
indoor/outdoor question. A discussion ensued in which Schirf and others
debated about how aware we are of the codes for the "threat levels" for
terrorist attacks. Please try to keep up if you are going to make
allegations
that someone is posting inappropriately.

Still, my basic intent was to suggest that we tone down the number of OT
messages, not to suggest that we have a right to censor what everyone
writes. People who really need help with cats can get lost in trying to
work their way through all these extraneous messages, especially if they

are
newbies or not very familiar with computers.

I bet you love those "do not point at face while opening" labels on
champagne bottles.

Old April 9th 05, 10:54 PM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
CATacombs via CatKB.com wrote:
Meghan Noecker 199 posts

490 posts

KellyH 498 posts

Phil P. 569 posts

Kaeli 638 posts

Cathy Friedmann 724 posts

MaryL 901 posts

Monique Y. Mudama 926 posts

CatNipped 1304 posts

Mary 2132 posts

[...]

All time top posters
7040
5270
4708
3643
3214
3043
3022
3008
2846
2742

Candace

Damn! I missed the all-time top ten.

Clearly I

must

post

more

must

work

harder ....

Old April 9th 05, 10:55 PM
Mary

On 2005-04-09, Mary penned:

Congrats, Mary L. for placing fourth just after Monique. If you try
harder, you can beat her, I just know that you can!

Should be pretty easy; I've been too busy to read more than a few
posts a day on usenet lately!

Don't drop out of the running now Mo! There are going to
be prizes!

Old April 9th 05, 10:59 PM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message

That is where I got my statement about "boredom." Granted, you did not
precisely say that -- but I think it is a clear inference if you are
using
the NG only to keep your boss from knowing that you are not working.

I think people use the NG for lots of things, but probably the biggest
reason for most people to use the newsgroup is information sharing and
entertainment. In my (admittedly lame at times) attempts to be witty I
will
post exagerations and facetious statements. I guess one of the things
that
are not yet ingrained in newbies is how difficult it is to pull that off
without being misunderstood.

I *DID NOT* say that I wrote disruptive, off-topic posts to the

newsgroup
just to stir up people and watch them get their wigs flipped

(although
seeing that happen does have it's amusement value!).

Please post the quote where I said that you wrote disruptive, off-topic
posts. I talked in general terms, but I was not accusing you.

I got it from this: "I was responding to the idea of posting numerous
messages that have *nothing to do with the topic (cats)* -- in this

case,
by
someone who admittedly was just using the NG as a way to work off

boredom
at
work."

Did I misinterpret that?

Yes, you did mininterpret my statement...or I may not have been clear in
what I said. My concern is with the number of messages (and I am now
contributing too many of my own) that get so far off-topic that people

with
legitimate concerns for their cats may give up in frustration while trying
to wend their way through numerous OT posts. That is especially true if

the
reader does not know how to configure their newsreaders to keep topics
together (or possibly don't have the capability to do so, as with webtv
users).

I think you ought to volunteer to babysit all these poor
lost souls who have not yet mastered their newsreaders.

Then the rest of us may use Usenet for what it is intended for.
*shaking my head*

The culture of victims just boggles my mind.

Old April 9th 05, 11:03 PM
Mary

On 2005-04-09, Mary penned:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

It's just the nature of my work (web architect) and the industry I'm
currently working in. When I have a project it's usually urgent and
I work 15 or 16 hours a day without taking a break - and do that for
weeks at a time. But when there isn't a project to do, there really
is nothing for me to do. Sitting at your desk playing Solitaire just
doesn't sit well with a boss, even if he knows you worked 40 hours of
unpaid overtime the week before. Again, life ain't fair and I do
what I gotta do to keep the kitties in kibble! ;

Well, I for one think it would be better if you had to put on a
uniform and punch a clock and ask "would you like fries with that."

Heh.

To add one more situation to the pile, there are those of us whose job
involves waiting for the computer to finish a task, like a big compile
or a test run. The task doesn't run long enough to allow you to get
absorbed in any real work, but it does run long enough for you to hop
onto usenet, check a few messages, and maybe post one or two.

Ding Ding Ding! Monique joins Joe Canuck as one of the sharper
knives in our little drawer! Mary puts in 10-hour days most days
of the week ... and these are paid hours ... !

Although, in admitting this now I know I will have people
emailing my boss.

Old April 9th 05, 11:04 PM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Curious...

I just googled rpch+b for my email address and got back 282 results.

How do you get the statistics for how many posts someone makes to the

group?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ask Megan. She Googles everything. LOL