Health and Behavior Top Ten

Old April 10th 05, 03:19 AM
Candace

Mary wrote:

Damn! I missed the all-time top ten.

Clearly I

must

post

more

must

work

harder ....

Yeah, but you constantly change your email address for whatever
paranoid reason so I'm sure that cumulatively you are number one by a
longshot.

Candace

Old April 10th 05, 03:45 AM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mary wrote:

Damn! I missed the all-time top ten.

Clearly I

must

post

more

must

work

harder ....

Yeah, but you constantly change your email address for whatever
paranoid reason so I'm sure that cumulatively you are number one by a
longshot.

Oh, Candy. What a lovely thing to say. Thank you.

Old April 10th 05, 03:48 AM
Candace

CatNipped wrote:

What I do worry about now is my children and grandchildren. Since I

have
lived my life as such an open book, it may be possible to find them

through
me. *That* never scared me before, but then, I've never had *this*

happen
before. I didn't realize there were people out there who would go to

such
lengths to make trouble for someone who disagreed with them on a

newsgroup!
boggle

I hope people know, however, (and, for those nuts out there, save

this next
for evidence at my trial if you like), but if it does go to that, I

*WILL*
hunt down and kill the person who tries to hurt any of them!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Excuse me because I don't think I know this whole story, nor do I want
to, but having someone call you after *you* give them your number and
have several preceding phone conversations with them prior to the
"incident" does NOT entail stalking and I can pretty much guarantee you
that Megan won't be going after your grandchildren *snicker*.
Puh-lease. However, I imagine it's kinda stupid to post your real
name, address, and other identifying info on usenet, if indeed you have
done that. Otherwise, I doubt if anyone can find your grandchildren or
would want to so I'm sure they can sleep safely tonight as can you.

Megan has called me in the past, too, after I willingly gave her my
phone number. Should I call the Phoenix police? She prefers to call
when helping someone with a problem because it's a little easier than
typing boatloads of info back and forth. She doesn't have an ulterior
motive and she's not gonna "get" you. Maybe she shouldn't have used
the evil F word but some people use it a bit more easily than others
and it really doesn't have the ramifications it did back in the 1940s
or whenever. I suppose, technically, that it's impolite except with
people you know don't mind it but it's not stalking. Sheesh, it's a
freaking adjective.

Don't give out your number if you're gonna get all scared about it.

Candace

Old April 10th 05, 03:48 AM
Mary

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

I am just floored! I'm not believing this!!!

Just ignore all the stuff. And start using killfiles. It really cuts
down on the noise.

This is very good advice--for someone like Diane and
Karen. You should at the very least do this if you get
the urge to lie to someone's ISP to have their account
terminated or call on their cell and cuss them out.
Oh, Lynnie, Meggie, are you listening? Megan
I know you are a webbie, but you NEED a killfile.
It might just keep you out of jail.
wahahaha!

Old April 10th 05, 04:04 AM
Candace

Mary wrote:

Oh, Candy. What a lovely thing to say. Thank you.

OMIGOSH, how did *you* know that some people IRL call me "Candy"?
You're stalking me, aren't you?!?!?!?!?!? I'm going to call the
Phoenix police right now and have them do some drive-bys of my house.
I''m very concerned about my grandkittens. I'll kill anyone that hurts
them, I mean it.

Candy, er, Candace
(wetting my pants now)

Old April 10th 05, 07:48 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 10:02:06 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

Where did you get this information, and how far back does it go? I don't
think there is *any way* this data is correct. If it is, it looks like I'm
spending *way* too much time on the newgroups. ;o)

It's not current. You can go to google groups, and click on "about
this group" It shows the numbers for this month and all time.

Currently, this month's winner has just over 300, so the numbers
posted are probably from last month.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old April 10th 05, 08:22 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:17:46 -0400, "Cathy Friedmann"
wrote:

"Candace" wrote in message
roups.com...
CATacombs via CatKB.com wrote:
Meghan Noecker 199 posts

490 posts

KellyH 498 posts

Phil P. 569 posts

Kaeli 638 posts

Cathy Friedmann 724 posts

MaryL 901 posts

Monique Y. Mudama 926 posts

CatNipped 1304 posts

Mary 2132 posts

It''s not very difficult to get this info. All you do is go to Google
groups, find a group, and click on the "About this group" at the top
of the page and it gives you the info. Of course, the info doesn't
correlate to what the OP posted so I don't know where he/she got that
info. I'm pleased to see that I am numero 5 on all time top posters
and if it weren't for AOL dumping newsgroups, forcing me to post thru
Google, which is annoying at best, I would still be a prolific poster.
Sux.

This month's top posters
301
201
178
157
119
105
79
75
74
73

All time top posters
7040
5270
4708
3643
3214
3043
3022
3008
2846
2742

Candace

Holy mackerel, I'm on there, too. Otoh, I've been here since '98, &
generally read/post to only 3 ngs.

It would be nice if they went past the top 10. I'd be curious to know
how many posts I have done over the years. I did have a 2 year break
when my ISP cancelled newsgroup service (google is a pain), and I used
to have a university email address, so those would be with a different
email address, but it would still be interesting to know.

Also, do those who do the x-no-archive thing get counted? I would
assume they don't, so they could be very prolific yet not make the
list.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old April 10th 05, 09:19 AM
Meghan Noecker

On 9 Apr 2005 19:48:08 -0700, "Candace" wrote:

Excuse me because I don't think I know this whole story, nor do I want
to, but having someone call you after *you* give them your number and
have several preceding phone conversations with them prior to the
"incident" does NOT entail stalking

You know, many years ago, my brother got mad at me on the phone,
started swearing at me. I hung up on him, and he proceeded to call
back and swear at me via the answering machine.

You could say that I have had plenty of good phone conversations with
him prior to that. And I had no problem before then, with him having
my phone number or calling me.

But you cannot tell me that it wasn't traumatic to have my brother
call me names he had never used on me before. And the anger was worse
than I had ever experienced from him.

He showed up at the house later and swore at me some more. I would
have called 911, I was so scared of him at that point, but he had me
cornered, so I just cried until he left. My parents were out of town
at the time, and I was very afraid until they returned. I even
considered paying to change the locks, but I knew if he came back, he
would just get angry and break a window.

To this day, he refuses to apologize and insists that he didn't swear
at me. Somewhere, I do have the tape, which I copied, and played for
my parents, so that I understand why I want nothing to do with my
brother.

I do say hi when he comes to vist, and I send a Christmas present up
every year, but I do not call him or visit. And I do my best to avoid
any interaction with him.

I suppose I have been sheltered, but I find it very crude to use the F
word, and I while I have sworn in some situations, usually when I have
hurt myself or something bad has happened - I do not believe it is
right to direct those words AT people. I have never used the F word at
somebody. And while I have certainly thought about calling people
names, I don't do it to them. If I'm right, my argument should be good
enough on its own.

Because of this, I consider it pretty offensive when somebody does it
to me. I realize that many people are used to it and think that it is
okay and normal, but some of us do not.

If that were me getting a phone call with swearing in it, I would
immediately record it and document it. And I would cease any
friendship with that person, assuming I was friends with them before.
If they weren't friends before, and just calling out of the blue, I
would be totally freaked out.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography