Cheap catfood = unhappy kitties

Old March 12th 04, 06:17 AM
Sherry

Pro Plan is the *only* food Bootsie will eat. I agree with you, it might not
be
the best food on the market, but it's still good quality. It's hard to find
here, though. The only place I can find it is PetsMart in the city.
Sherry

Started to ask where you found it, but you answered the question
before I could ask. Have you've tried the Petco down in Wichita
Falls. I haven't been there, but figure it might be closer, though
maybe not since you're closer to OK city.

(For those who don't know, Sherry lives not to far where where I do,
so we have the same problem of no readily available big stores.)
--
Steve Touchstone,

I had to go to the city today to take DH for a procedure on his back, and have
to go back tomorrow to pick up Biskit. It's 104 miles round trip. How far is
Wichita from Lawton? I really rack up the miles on the car lately. While I was
there, I went to Petsmart to get the usual....Four (25 lb.) bags of litter, two
jugs of dry Proplan, three cases of canned cat food, two cases of dog food.
An impulse purchase of a new feather wand and 2 new snails. Grand total, $110.
But most of it will last a month. Plus paying for Biskit's surgery tomorrow.
(I was absolutely afraid to ask what it costs)
But I digress. (Yes, Joy, I'd like a little cheese with my whine, please)
Pity, party of one?

Sherry
Old March 12th 04, 07:49 AM
Steve Touchstone

Sounds like about the same distance for me to head south as it is for
you heading north. Like I said, I haven't been to the store in Wichata
Falls, but according to the computer search I did it's 51 miles one
way.

Sounds like you make enough trips to the City so that it wouldn't make
much sense to make a special trip south.

On 12 Mar 2004 06:17:33 GMT, itty (Sherry ) wrote:

[...]

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 12th 04, 08:26 AM
Helen Miles

"badwilson" wrote in message

Whiskas makes rabbit flavour? Wow, I've never seen that before.
--
Britta

Not just rabbit flavour, but Whiskas "WITH" rabbit - there's a
difference. If a tin of petfood says "with" something, it needs a
certain % of that meat in it. (Not sure how much). If it says "Rabbit
flavoured" then it's just flavouring on beef or somesuch.

It's the only Whiskas that all 3 cats truly "love" as opposed to
"put-up-with & eat". As for the Rabbit *flavored* Felix, Tiger won't
touch it with a 40ft barge pole.

Helen m

Old March 12th 04, 03:55 PM
Charleen Welton

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:5a5ffb8953ec57f54d8464998e068a1d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"badwilson" wrote in message

Whiskas makes rabbit flavour? Wow, I've never seen that before.
--
Britta

Not just rabbit flavour, but Whiskas "WITH" rabbit - there's a
difference. If a tin of petfood says "with" something, it needs a
certain % of that meat in it. (Not sure how much). If it says "Rabbit
flavoured" then it's just flavouring on beef or somesuch.

It's the only Whiskas that all 3 cats truly "love" as opposed to
"put-up-with & eat". As for the Rabbit *flavored* Felix, Tiger won't
touch it with a 40ft barge pole.

Helen m

I've not seen rabbit flavored or rabbit as an ingredient in any cat food
here in the Eastern United States. I'll ask when I next go to the Pet
Supermarket.

Charleen

Old March 12th 04, 05:06 PM
CK

Helen Miles wrote:

"badwilson" wrote in message

Whiskas makes rabbit flavour? Wow, I've never seen that before.
--
Britta

Not just rabbit flavour, but Whiskas "WITH" rabbit - there's a
difference. If a tin of petfood says "with" something, it needs a
certain % of that meat in it. (Not sure how much). If it says "Rabbit
flavoured" then it's just flavouring on beef or somesuch.

It's the only Whiskas that all 3 cats truly "love" as opposed to
"put-up-with & eat". As for the Rabbit *flavored* Felix, Tiger won't
touch it with a 40ft barge pole.

Helen m

I seem to remember that, at least in Finland, a petfood saying "with"
something, the percentage that had to be this ingredient was 4%. But
then again it's Friday evening and there's been a long and dreary week
of work so my memory on catfood issues might be compared to swiss
cheese...

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old March 13th 04, 12:48 AM
Jette Goldie

"badwilson" wrote in message

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:272a6da8d35697ee01036a6d6fd14d10.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"David Stevenson" wrote in message

I think of Whiskas as the best wet food here. The cats would be
mortified if I brought anything else home.

You're probably right, unless you start feeding Denes or somesuch. the
thing to remember about European pet foods, is that all pet foods by
European law, have to be made of human grade consumption meat - it might
only be the stuff that cheap sausages etc are made of, but the brand pet
food here is far better quality than in the USA. Hence, 95% of UK owners
get their wet pet food off the shelves in a supermarket. And like your
owner - Tiger would kill me if he didn't get his fix of rabbit whiskas
at least twice a week!

Whiskas makes rabbit flavour? Wow, I've never seen that before.

In the UK it does.

My two still won't eat it.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old March 13th 04, 08:11 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

In the UK it does.

My two still won't eat it.

LOL - neither will mine. Cat food of desire right now is Royal Canin "Sensible
33" for the feline of delicate digestion ;-) As a certain black-furred and
one-eyed ladycat is also known as Ms. Bulimia, who needs no excuse to
artistically decorate a carpet... it's working quite well as she's not doing it
as much. Of course, tomorrow could be an entirely different matter ;-)

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune