Ping: Matthew, series 2

Old August 10th 10, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Matthew, series 2

my version is a *******ised version of wht i have eaten out and recip;es i
have tried, basically the ez route is boil some rice, then blend it in the
blender until smooth... at this point thin with broth of choice and ad
flavorings of choice... if you want sweet use milk and ad sweeter things...
i tried some fancier recipes but this gives me the taste i want and is very
plain so i can make a big batch and flavor different every time, Lee
"cshenk" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote

I can't say thank you enough but you are making me DROOL ;-)

Most welcome! It was fun and barely scratched the surface of what you can
do. I'll have series 3 (limited carb, lumps allowed but still need small
sizes per meal) ready soon. The aim of that one is more to have something
you make once a day then are able to rewarm or eat cold with no taste
suffering.

Lee will hopefully post her way of making Juk/Congee which may be better
than my plain version of those names. My own version is called 'rice
porridge' (Kyushu Japan version) and is probably much more fancy. Her's
is probabably the Thai/Korean version or may be the Vietnam version.
Those 3 are pretty close. The Japan one is like them but on steriods
(grin).

Thinks I didnt see in your list of allowed so didnt use but suspect if you
ask the dietician may be ok. Tofu, Miso, soy sauces. Things not listed
and for good reason: wine or anything with an alcohol base (includes mirin
and cooking sherry). If you want that 'wine taste' though, you can get a
level not far off from 100% (no sugar added) cranberry juice. Tart as
heck drunk straight but in small amounts, milds out not too far off the
same as a red wine in cooking.

Oh and they didnt seem to warn you about OJ. Even with no sugar added,
it's real high.

Ping: Matthew Mishi Cat anecdotes 6 August 12th 07 08:24 PM
PING Matthew Pat Cat anecdotes 1 December 6th 06 05:20 AM
PING: Matthew (aka NMR) Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 2 June 2nd 06 02:03 PM