Luna and Maya at TED

Old June 25th 05, 02:49 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Luna and Maya at TED

Luna and Maya went for their annual physical today. Let me say that Luna
and Maya *love* cat carriers. But only if they are open and inside the
house. If you put a cat carrier on the floor and open it, cats will
fight to get inside of it. But don't dare take it outside, no sir!
The moment I stepped outside, the yowling started. And what a yowling it
was! You'd think I was torturing the poor kitties. The yowling increased
when I got the car in motion and did not stop at all. We arrived at TED
20 minutes too early, they hadn't opened yet. So we sat on the parking
lot, with the yowling girls in the back. I was hoping the yowling would
stop once we got inside the building, but no... not even close. We
finally made it to the examination room, where I was able to open the
carriers and pet the girls. That calmed them down a bit. Then came the
vet tech to take them out back for a fecal sample. Oh boy! Maya was
first, and judging by the yowling, she did not enjoy it one bit. Luna
was next, but she was much quieter, perhaps wanting to avoid publicity
on the loss of her dignity.
They got their shots and good health marks from TED. Luna has a bit of
tartar, which is not unusual considering how much she eats, she weighted
in at 11 pounds, while her sister Maya is a slender 7.9 pounds.
Everybody ooed and ahhd and said how pretty the girls are, which did not
deter the yowling one bit. I paid the bill and got them back in the car,
where the yowling concert renewed. They are now back home, grooming
themselves and warning the other cats about the dangers of the cat
carriers. Both cat carriers have a meatlofing cat in them...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 25th 05, 04:18 PM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
[...]

OMG! After that you need one of your watermelon marguarittas!! Give Luna
and Maya some catnip and y'all can all chill together! ;?

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 25th 05, 04:25 PM

Victor Martinez wrote:
Luna and Maya went for their annual physical today. Let me say that Luna
and Maya *love* cat carriers. But only if they are open and inside the
house. If you put a cat carrier on the floor and open it, cats will
fight to get inside of it. But don't dare take it outside, no sir!

Wow, very impressive! If I bring out the cat carrier, I get invisible
cats. Cats that can't be found, anywhere. I had to call and cancel an
appointment once because I never *did* find that cat.
Glad Luna and Maya got good checkups.

Sherry

Old June 25th 05, 04:59 PM
W. Leong

Glad that Luna and Maya are in good health.

Same deal here with the carrier.
Rusty's carrier is in his room all the time. Often he sleeps inside it.
But if I close the door with him inside, out come the paws to try
to open it. Rusty is normally a quiet cat. But it is a different story
on the way to TED. Once I walked there carrying the carrier and
he made so much noise that other pedestrians stared at me.
TED said he could hear Rusty before we entered the clinic. But
once inside, Rusty would quiet down. He completely ignored TED's cat who
tried to strike up a conversation with him.
Rusty was always quiet on the way home, probably knowing his
'ordeal' was over.
I also discovered if I use a cardboard carrier instead of the heavier
plastic one, he is quieter inside. But I have to keep a tight grip on the
former as it can't be locked.

Winnie

Old June 25th 05, 05:10 PM
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:

Luna and Maya went for their annual physical today.

LOL! I know all about travelling with yowling cats! Glad to hear the
girls are so healthy. Will Luna have to have a dental?

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 25th 05, 06:53 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
LOL! I know all about travelling with yowling cats! Glad to hear the
girls are so healthy. Will Luna have to have a dental?

TED didn't say anything about a dental, so I guess it's not that bad.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 25th 05, 11:15 PM
Pamela Shirk

"W. Leong" wrote in message

TED said he could hear Rusty before we entered the clinic. But
once inside, Rusty would quiet down. He completely ignored TED's cat who
tried to strike up a conversation with him.

Have you ever wondered about that conversation?

TED cat: Hey Buddy, what're you in here for?

Rusty: ignores cat

TED cat: I said, HEY BUDDY!

Rusty: Leave me alone, you stink like this place.

TED cat: what're you in here for? You already been snipped, I can tell.

Rusty: Get your nose away from me you pervert

TED cat: Are you here for your shots? Huh? Huh?

Rusty: turns around and ignores all further comments from TED cat

Old June 26th 05, 12:10 AM
W. Leong

That is so funny. Can you imagine the conversation between the
two when Rusty was boarded there?

The other day I went to pick up some prescription food for Rusty,
and Chico was all over the food and my shopping cart.
When I found out Rusty weight is about the same as Chico, I know
he is not underweight.

Winnie

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
link.net...

Old June 26th 05, 04:20 AM
badwilson

Wow, that's a lot of yowling! Glad to hear that they are both healthy
cats.
Vino's ok about being in the carrier. But in the car, the carrier has
to face towards me. If he can't see me, he instantly starts yowling.
As soon as he sees me, he calms down. What a weirdo. I figured it
would make him feel better to be facing the front of the car but no,
he'd rather ride sideways and see me!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown