New Outdoor Cat Enclosures

Old September 14th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bandobi

Default New Outdoor Cat Enclosures

Hi Everyone,

As you know, cats that roam freely outdoors are exposed to the dangers
of predators, cars, lawn fertilizers, etc. However, cats can enjoy
the sights and sounds of the outdoors in safety if they are given
access to an outdoor enclosure.

I own a small pet products business and we offer outdoor cat
enclosures that attach to your home so your cats can go in and out any
time they wish. The enclosures have modular components, so we can
offer just about any size and shape enclosure you would like at a
reasonable price.

If you are interested, check out our web-site at www.bandobi.com

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Josh Rothman
Bandobi Pet Products
www.bandobi.com

Old September 14th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Bandobi wrote:
I own a small pet products business and we offer outdoor cat
enclosures that attach to your home so your cats can go in and out any
time they wish. The enclosures have modular components, so we can
offer just about any size and shape enclosure you would like at a
reasonable price.

Looks like an interesting concept, but to be honest, they don't seem
very sturdy.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 14th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Bandobi wrote:
I own a small pet products business and we offer outdoor cat
enclosures that attach to your home so your cats can go in and out any
time they wish. The enclosures have modular components, so we can
offer just about any size and shape enclosure you would like at a
reasonable price.

Looks like an interesting concept, but to be honest, they don't seem very
sturdy.

Enclosures are not difficult to build yourself. I haven't had to build a
cat enclosure as my cats are safe outside but I *have* had to build
enclosures for my chickens because of fox problems. One size would fit all
here/safe for chickens/safe for cats.
It's quite easy to build a frame of 2x2 timber, but put an upright in every
3 feet or so, 6 feet if you will use really rigid mesh to enclose it in as I
do for keeping foxes out.
I put paving slabs down to avoid crafty burrowing in and build the frame on
top of that. I thought I was safe with 6 feet high, but had a disaster and
now put a roof on, which would be needed for cats, of course. So, put more
2x2 across the top to accommodate the size of roof sheet you can get. Get
some roof sheets, fix them on, cover the sides with good wire mesh, make a
door to fit.
If I can do it, anyone can if they are good health. Not any more for me,
unfortunately, the incisional repair I had in March has broken down. There
was only 44 per cent chance would work, anyway. I can live with it atm,
medically. In every other way it is going to ruin my life.

Tweed

All you need is 2im

Old September 14th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Bandobi wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry to hear that! How did it not work? Is it herniated again?
Would a cosmetic surgeon be able to fix it?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Tweed

All you need is 2im

Old September 14th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

If I can do it, anyone can if they are good health. Not any more for me,
unfortunately, the incisional repair I had in March has broken down. There
was only 44 per cent chance would work, anyway. I can live with it atm,
medically. In every other way it is going to ruin my life.

Excuse my English, but **** - I am so sorry to hear this!! After all
you went through to get this done. Will you be able to have it re-done?
Is that even desirable? Tweed, I am really so sorry it's not working
out!

Joyce
Old September 14th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
There was only 44 per cent chance would work, anyway. I can live with it

atm, medically. In every other way it is going to ruin my life.

I'm so sorry to hear that! How did it not work? Is it herniated again?

Yes. But I had two and it's only one now.

Would a cosmetic surgeon be able to fix it?

No, not at all. It's not a cosmetic thing to make me look better.
My concern is how I can manage my big garden if I cannot dig and plant and
clean out the chickens for fear of the last repair breaking down. And no, I
am not about to sign up for another incisional hernia repair for a 20 per
cent chance this time, I thought it would be a breeze after my hysto. It
wasn't.

Tweed

Old September 14th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

If I can do it, anyone can if they are good health. Not any more for
me,
unfortunately, the incisional repair I had in March has broken down.
There
was only 44 per cent chance would work, anyway. I can live with it atm,
medically. In every other way it is going to ruin my life.

Excuse my English, but **** - I am so sorry to hear this!! After all
you went through to get this done. Will you be able to have it re-done?

Yes, maybe

Is that even desirable?

No, I truly cannot tolerate that sort of pain again. Ever. OMG.
Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Tweed

Old September 14th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 14, 5:02 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:

If I can do it, anyone can if they are good health. Not any more for
me,
unfortunately, the incisional repair I had in March has broken down.
There
was only 44 per cent chance would work, anyway. I can live with it atm,
medically. In every other way it is going to ruin my life.

Excuse my English, but **** - I am so sorry to hear this!! After all
you went through to get this done. Will you be able to have it re-done?

Yes, maybe

Is that even desirable?

No, I truly cannot tolerate that sort of pain again. Ever. OMG.
Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Tweed

I'm sorry Tweed. I remember you telling us how bad it was. I do not
blame you. I would
have to think long and hard before having *any* kind of gut surgery
again. It is the WORST.
A heart bypass is a "walk in the park" compared to gut surgery.
Take care of yourself the best you can.

Sherry

Old September 15th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
There was only 44 per cent chance would work, anyway. I can live with
it
atm, medically. In every other way it is going to ruin my life.

I'm so sorry to hear that! How did it not work? Is it herniated again?

Yes. But I had two and it's only one now.

Would a cosmetic surgeon be able to fix it?

No, not at all. It's not a cosmetic thing to make me look better.

No, I didn't mean to imply that it was. But cosmetic surgeons know how to
make finer stitches with less scarring - and less scarring means healthier
healing. When I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from my tear duct, since
is was such a delicate surgery around the eye, they had a cosmetic surgeon
do it and it healed completely without scarring and in a very short time.

Also, since cosmetic surgeons have experience with "tummy tucks" they know
how to bolster the muscles in the abdomen better than an ordinary surgeon.

My concern is how I can manage my big garden if I cannot dig and plant and
clean out the chickens for fear of the last repair breaking down. And no,
I am not about to sign up for another incisional hernia repair for a 20
per cent chance this time, I thought it would be a breeze after my hysto.
It wasn't.

Who told you it was only a 20 percent chance of complete healing? That just
doesn't sound right to me. Have you at least gotten a second opinion. You
have a lot of years left to you (thank goodness), it seems terrible that you
can't be 100% active and do the things you love to do!

I know "tummy tucks" are supposed to be the most painful surgery there is,
but I'd have to think about it if it meant being able to get my life back
again.

Purrs for your health coming across the pond, no matter what you decide!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Tweed

Old September 15th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

oups.com...
wrote:
wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Only if I knew I would die "for certain" without it would I have abdominal
surgery again.
Which is how it all started.

Tweed