Update on Nikki (and me)

Old May 13th 04, 05:07 PM
Marina

Default Update on Nikki (and me)

You may remember that Nikki saw TED last week. She's not at all happy about
her medication routines, but she is doing much better already.

I am giving her Antepsin three times a day orally. This is an oral
suspension that forms a protective film in her digestive tract, so that if
she has some sort of inflammation there, it has time to heal and not be
irritated by food. I have to give it an hour before she eats and at night
before we go to bed. Nikki has learned this schedule already, and she knows
exactly when to slink under the bed and hide. She has me creeping around on
all fours several times a day, trying to get her out. It's made all the
harder because I'm not supposed to give her anything to eat in an hour after
giving the Antepsin, so I can't even reward her with a treat after
medication.

She also got another course of prednisone for her asthma. Her wheezing is
down considerably, and in the last week I have only heard her coughing once.
Before we started the prednisone, she would have several attacks a day. She
has been sick only once since we started with the Antepsin, so all in all,
she is doing very well. The only thing worrying me now is that she is scared
of me and slinks off under the bed even when I'm not going to medicate her.
( I've tried to hold her and pet her a lot to show her I'm not *all* evil.
;o)

As for me, I'm having a root canal treatment at the dentist's, I got a
referral to the lab from my diabetes doc for a long list of blood tests for
the thick skin thing, but I won't see the doc until June so won't know more
for a while yet.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old May 13th 04, 06:35 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:07:37 +0300, "Marina"
wrote:

[...]

Aww, glad to hear it's helping. It's times like this when you wish
that could understand you're trying to help. Maybe a long play session
before and after would help?

As for me, I'm having a root canal treatment at the dentist's, I got a
referral to the lab from my diabetes doc for a long list of blood tests for
the thick skin thing, but I won't see the doc until June so won't know more
for a while yet.

Sorry to hear about the upcoming dental work. Can you hear the "I hate
dentist" chorus? ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old May 13th 04, 06:38 PM
Yoj

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for both you and Nikki.

Joy

Old May 13th 04, 07:34 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

You may remember that Nikki saw TED last week. She's not at all happy about
her medication routines, but she is doing much better already.

then snippity...

Glad Nikki is improving, even though she's doing a b*st*rd cat trick with the
hiding ;-)

Many healing purrs to you - especially with regard to the root canal work -
dentists truly are the Spawn of Stan ;-) I'd sooner have bamboo skweres thrust
up my fingernails than have root canal work sone... shudder...

*hugs* helen s

**$om $

Old May 13th 04, 10:46 PM
polonca12000

Thanks for the update, Marina. It's really hard when you have to medicate
your kitties and you can't explain to them you are doing it for their own
good. You are a very good and caring meowmie, Marina!
Purrs and best wishes for your dentist appointment and for the tests to show
something easily treatable,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" wrote in message
You may remember that Nikki saw TED last week. She's not at all happy

about
her medication routines, but she is doing much better already.

snip

Old May 13th 04, 11:50 PM
Sheenah

"Marina" wrote in message
You may remember that Nikki saw TED last week. She's not at all

happy about
her medication routines, but she is doing much better already.

I am giving her Antepsin three times a day orally. This is an oral
suspension that forms a protective film in her digestive tract, so

that if
she has some sort of inflammation there, it has time to heal and not

be
irritated by food.

snip

She also got another course of prednisone for her asthma. Her

wheezing is
down considerably, and in the last week I have only heard her

coughing once.
Before we started the prednisone, she would have several attacks a

day.

snip

Dear Nikki,

We are sending you for comfort our loudest purrs. We think that if
Jason and Megan were here, they would do so also. Meowmie thinks they
may be saying goodnight to the mice we have in the field at the bottom
of our garden. Dee Dee says she's can't purr now because she's too
busy. She's agitating with her left front paw the water in our water
bowl and the water's going everywhere :^) When Meowmie sees her
paddling she suggests that Dee Dee's pretending to be at the seaside.
We wonder if she would be so keen to paddle in real sea water :^)

Meowmie sends her best regards to you, Frank and your Meowmie and
hopes that all will go smoothly for your Meowmie at her dentist's and
that her blood test results will not give her cause for alarm.

Lots of purrs

Thalia, Sylvia, Marnie and Abbie

Walkies with Nikki Marina Cat anecdotes 10 April 19th 04 10:07 AM
Pic: Nikki newsgrouping Marina Cat anecdotes 9 March 6th 04 12:04 AM
Nikki got me Marina Cat anecdotes 13 December 1st 03 03:17 AM
Poor Nikki... Marina Cat anecdotes 11 November 2nd 03 03:30 PM