unpleasant dream, nice awakening

Old December 23rd 04, 03:10 PM
JB

Default unpleasant dream, nice awakening

yuck. I had a dream this morning in which I was going through the
programs on my TiVo, trying to identify ones that were saved to see if
I still wanted to keep them. one was about some fungal illness which
had killed many people and animals in Canada but not many at all in
the US. (I had recorded it from the Canadian channel I get.)
unfortunately, two of the US casualties were my own Grizzly and Buck,
whose stories had somehow made it into this program, and I got pretty
broken up "remembering" that ordeal. I don't remember the details
now, but for some reason, I was much more upset about what Grizzly
had gone through than about Buck.

then I woke up. I had decided to let the cats into my room for the
night (I don't always), and they were *all* on my bed, which surprised
me a little, because Grizzly doesn't usually sleep on my bed if I'm
on/in it. when she does, she's usually some distance from me, too.
but when I rolled over after waking up, I saw she was actually curled
up against the backs of my legs. my rolling over disturbed her, and
she walked up near my head, so I gave her lots of scritches. I guess
I picked the right night to let them in.

now that I think about it, there were a couple parallels to real life
in that dream, both to do with TV. (maybe I should watch less?) one
was the illness itself, which reminds me for some reason of BSE/mad
cow disease. the Canadian show _The Nature of Things_ had a two-part
episode on BSE within the last couple months, which I recorded, and
that may have contributed to some aspects of the illness in my dream
(as well as the channel I recorded the TV show from G). another was
an interview on the show in my dream about a survivor of the illness,
who had part of one side of his nose removed to get rid of his
infection. last night's real-life _CSI: NY_ had a character whose
nose ring was ripped out, though it was the other side of his nose.

well, anyway, onto cheerier stuff: I'm head to Minnesota until Monday,
so I hope you all have a good holiday (or had one if yours has passed
already). take care!

Jeff
--
j if e-mail to the posting address | "The sea was angry that day, my friends,
f bounces, look left and below. | like an old man trying to send back soup