Smokey the D*g

Old April 16th 05, 01:12 AM
Bill Stock

Default Smokey the D*g

I caught Smokey drinking out of the toilet bowl this morning! I told her
only D*gs do that.

Old April 16th 05, 02:13 AM
Jo Firey

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I caught Smokey drinking out of the toilet bowl this morning! I told her
only D*gs do that.

All my daughter's cats do. They are quick to learn when its the freshest
water in the house, and once they start drinking there, there's no stopping
them.

Jo

Old April 16th 05, 04:31 AM
jmcquown

Bill Stock wrote:
I caught Smokey drinking out of the toilet bowl this morning! I told
her only D*gs do that.

I keep the lids down. Persia is fascinated by water, expecially running
water. When I was brushing my teeth she'd get up and stick her face under
the water to take a drink. This is why I wound up buying her a Drinkwell
fountain. She loves that thing!

Jill

Old April 16th 05, 04:32 AM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I caught Smokey drinking out of the toilet bowl this morning! I told
her only D*gs do that.

All my daughter's cats do. They are quick to learn when its the
freshest water in the house, and once they start drinking there,
there's no stopping them.

Jo

Just make sure she doesn't start using those blue or chlorinated tablets in
the toilet tank to keep the bowl clean. POISON.

Jill

Old April 16th 05, 05:02 AM
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Bill Stock wrote:
I caught Smokey drinking out of the toilet bowl this morning! I told
her only D*gs do that.

I keep the lids down. Persia is fascinated by water, expecially running
water. When I was brushing my teeth she'd get up and stick her face under
the water to take a drink. This is why I wound up buying her a Drinkwell
fountain. She loves that thing!

Jill

I spent a hour today looking for a drinkwell fountain. I feel bad for Molly
that she isn't feeling well and wanted to encourage her to drink plenty of
water with her medicine. Couldn't find one at three different pet stores.

Jo

Old April 16th 05, 05:37 AM
Bill Stock

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Bill Stock wrote:
I caught Smokey drinking out of the toilet bowl this morning! I told
her only D*gs do that.

I keep the lids down. Persia is fascinated by water, expecially running
water. When I was brushing my teeth she'd get up and stick her face under
the water to take a drink. This is why I wound up buying her a Drinkwell
fountain. She loves that thing!

Jill

Smokey likes to drink out of the tap too. She does not seem to mind getting
wet while doing this. But if you run the water in the kitchen sink (beside
her bowl) while she's eating, she will take off for fear of getting wet.
It's one of those "it's OK if I do it" cat things.

Old April 16th 05, 02:17 PM
Victor Martinez

Bill Stock wrote:
I caught Smokey drinking out of the toilet bowl this morning! I told her
only D*gs do that.

Ours have done that in the past, that is why we keep the toilet seats
down.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 16th 05, 06:04 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Bill Stock wrote:
I caught Smokey drinking out of the toilet bowl this morning! I told
her only D*gs do that.

Ours have done that in the past, that is why we keep the toilet seats
down.

And Victor, if you were of the hetero persuasian your girlfriend/wife would
really appreciate that gesture! LOL

Jill

Old April 16th 05, 06:11 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-04-16, jmcquown penned:

Just make sure she doesn't start using those blue or chlorinated
tablets in the toilet tank to keep the bowl clean. POISON.

When I was a teenager, for some reason mom used the blue stuff and we
weren't thinking about keeping the seat down or the bathroom door
closed. My dog Puma ended up puking nice blue stains all over our
carpets, poor guy. We felt awful.

He was fine after a week of vet-prescribed rice and thrice-rinsed
ground beef, but he never much liked his dog food after that. And the
bathroom doors were always closed.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully